Do I want to be switching to Kit Kat?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Not one person has actually mentioned an upside to downloading it but rather just said that they were having no "issues" with it.

Thats telling.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Not one person has actually mentioned an upside to downloading it but rather just said that they were having no "issues" with it.

Thats telling.

You just mentioned the issue of battery life in the OP. A change-log will point out the upsides. Have you considered getting s-off so you can revert if you don't enjoy 4.4 and sense 5.5 (you won't have this option of you upgrade to 4.4 first)?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Thats telling.

Good point. My battery life is fine. But I don't really notice hardly any useful features in any apps I use. I think the Gallery app now has a way for me to store a highlights video slideshow with music I choose and trim. I did that before but I don't think it was stored separately. Not anything earthshaking compared to what they said: it's the most significant software update since 2011.

kayakerrh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to use Google wallet now, that's and upside. I have a friend who is having trouble with messaging app. When she tries to send a text take it several minutes for it to go through and when it does it sends it twice. Anyone have any ideas?

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I updated a few days ago and my battery life has been terrible. Prior to the update I could go a day and a half before needing a charge. Now, I barely get 8 hours. I went to bed last night with 45% battery life and woke up 5 hours later with 4% remaining.

stryper

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
battery life is an issue, and a repacement is on way. That being said we did a hard restart. Power/volume? And it came right back.???

Sent from my phone

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
battery life is an issue, and a repacement is on way. That being said we did a hard restart. Power/volume? And it came right back.???

Sent from my phone

That's not a hard reset. A really true hard reset is back to factory fresh like when you got it out of the box originally. Completely wiped. I'm surprised Verizon didn't do this before sending you another phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance