02-11-2017 10:00 PM
33 12
tools
    I also have slow messaging app, slow to open, slow to type, slow to send. Not consistent thought. It is consistently slower than before the update but sometimes just barely, sometimes way slow.

The other thing I notice is that google play opens up often now when I click on other apps or the browser or messaging or just about anything. I'd say twice out of every 5 times I open something google play also opens on top. Most of the time when I push the back button it then goes to the app I'm trying to get to.

The funny thing is my wife has the same problems however she is on the Samsung S5.

One thing I don't like is that there is a security screen and a lock screen. You can go into settings and turn off the security screen but not the lock screen or you can turn off both, but you can't have the security screen without the lock screen. I don't like to have to swipe to unlock then do the security swipe ( or password, or pin) also.

Edit- A couple more things, seems most apps are slower than before to open but operate pretty normal once open. And when listening to my music- before I could pause and play on the lock screen, now I have to unlock, put in my security swipe and then I can do what is needed.
    Try deleting the messages with very long threads, I had the lag on messages app as well. this worked for me
    05-29-2015 02:55 PM
    Not sure if its the memory leak, but I noticed I need to reboot and wipe the cache to stabilize the battery life. Seems to drain faster as the week goes on. Anyone else seeing anything like this. I don't have a lot of apps and all the apps I've used for years without issue.
    05-29-2015 05:02 PM
    Since upgrading, I keep finding the "auto sync" setting turned off. I'll turn it on, and then find it off again later when I realize nothing is synchronizing.
    06-02-2015 09:53 AM
    I got the most recent update this morning. My phone no longer has the calculator app or settings button (which was the only way I could turn my data or wifi on/off). I'm not entirely sure why that happened. Also, whenever I type a text, it seems I've lost the entire dictionary. When I try to chose a word to "save to dictionary" a window pops up that says "HTC Sense is not working". Those are the only apps that I used on a regular basis that I noticed are missing. Is there a way to get them back?
    The calculator should be within the main menu, make sure you which the categorization to be alphabetical in the top left corner. As for the settings, when you pull down the notifications bar, there should be a gear icon in the right corner.
    06-03-2015 10:42 PM
    I have one where the Google Music app doesn't want to play music. I can browse the library but when I tap a song or playlist nothing happens. If I reboot the phone it will start working again but eventually stops working.
    06-09-2015 10:14 AM
    My main frustration is that the notification tone for emails (and others?) now has a stutter to it. Sounds like Morse Code when I get a message. I've ended up changing the notification tone to none, which isn't a real solution. Having some issues with my 2014 Honda Civic stereo too, but I'm not putting that blame on Lolipop yet.
    06-20-2015 10:43 AM
    I've had nothing but problems since the update. The phone overheats and shuts down, battery life is terrible, and HTC Sync Manager no longer works. I've done a full factory reset and still have the same problems. Tech support from Verizon and HTC were also no help. Thinking of rooting the phone next. Any suggestions?
    07-03-2015 11:17 PM
    Hi guys, so i have been having some issues with the update. Mainly and the most frustrating of them all is i cant use google now to place voice call. So saying or typing "call wife" comes up with no app installed. This due to the fact that the "phone app" is not aacessible... This behaviour propegates to any app that would launch the dialer direct. Such as clicking phone numbers is maps, usign google drive 2 and trying to place a call.
    Ps. Normal dialer works from home screen

Any solutions?
    I have tried a factory reset. Wipe cache ...
    02-11-2017 10:00 PM
33 12