One M7 Lollipop Software Bugs

crowleynexus

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with the Bluetooth connection in my car. It will connect and then disconnect. This happens within a minute and is in a continuous loop.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Slow typing in the message app, Actually the whole stock messaging app is slow, only bug I see.

Posted via Android Central App using HTC one

Last edited:

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I had so far was following the installs, once I left my wifi coverage, my Verizon connection did not auto connect. I restarted the M7 and was good to go.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Slow typing in the message app, Actually the whole stock messaging app is slow, only bug I see.

Posted via Android Central App using HTC one

Anyone having this problem will see it may be with one person or ones who have long text threads. Well my solution was to delete the long threads, and the problem went away.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My Bluetooth has been working fine and I use hangouts for messaging with no issues. I'll have to try my WiFi to see if it will reconnect to the mobile network once I lose connections.

djbarg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
To update or not to update? I'm torn. I've heard good and bad about Android L. Last time the M7 got an update through Verizon, I had zero problems after. I'm thinking about waiting a week and see what problems/improvements other users have.

morganm00

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded right when the update came out. It took a while to complete, as I apparently have 357 applications installed that needed upgrading, but since the upgrade, it's worked well. Battery usage seems better and it's definitely more responsive than it was before.

The only gripe I have is the "enhancement" made to the lock screen where they display huge bars with each notification. You can turn it off, but then you don't get any notifications on the status bar. Really kind of annoying. Hopefully there will be an app update that will come down to "re-enhance" that feature.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it is a bug but encryption is terrible. It made the phone supper slow. I had just did a reset so encryption should have been smooth. Well I did another reset to unencrypt the phone. Don't try it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

achristiansen90

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the most recent update this morning. My phone no longer has the calculator app or settings button (which was the only way I could turn my data or wifi on/off). I'm not entirely sure why that happened. Also, whenever I type a text, it seems I've lost the entire dictionary. When I try to chose a word to "save to dictionary" a window pops up that says "HTC Sense is not working". Those are the only apps that I used on a regular basis that I noticed are missing. Is there a way to get them back?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update tonight. So far no issues though I have to say the phone has become one "zippy" mofo! I see a noticeable difference in response when opening a large photo gallery or my K9 mail app. GPS locked in quickly. Nice job. I thought we would get sense 7 but still only 6? FYI, I did not do a factory reset after install though I did do a factory reset about 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I will test out phone and text.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the most recent update this morning. My phone no longer has the calculator app or settings button (which was the only way I could turn my data or wifi on/off). I'm not entirely sure why that happened. Also, whenever I type a text, it seems I've lost the entire dictionary. When I try to chose a word to "save to dictionary" a window pops up that says "HTC Sense is not working". Those are the only apps that I used on a regular basis that I noticed are missing. Is there a way to get them back?
Swipe down from top of screen to bring a settings menu down. Calculator is in a tools folder.

achristiansen90

May 20, 2015
Visit site
When I open my tools folder there is no calculator. When I swipe down from the top of screen to bring a settings menu there are a number of buttons: "Brightness...Mobile Data (which I cannot turn on of off now)...Settings (which does not work)...Wifi (which I also cannot turn on/off)...among others that I don't use.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
When I open my tools folder there is no calculator. When I swipe down from the top of screen to bring a settings menu there are a number of buttons: "Brightness...Mobile Data (which I cannot turn on of off now)...Settings (which does not work)...Wifi (which I also cannot turn on/off)...among others that I don't use.

Sounds like the update didn't load correctly. Your only recourse is probably a reset.

nph2005

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Having bluetooth issues in my car with update that I just did yesterday. 2013 Honda Accord. Bluetooth worked fine with an external bluetooth speaker, but goes on a continuous loop in my car and keep going in and out with Pandora. Haven't tried calls yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood