HTC Vigor/Incredible HD Hitting Verizon on October 13th?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
All sources point to the iPhone 5 having an underclocked a5 processor with a GSM/cdma Chooser and 4 inch display. Based on that alone its not going to be competing with the vigor on specs alone or even the galaxy s2 that already launched.

Ill say it again: we have no idea what apple has in store for the iPhone 5. There are many conflicting rumors about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
All sources point to the iPhone 5 having an underclocked a5 processor with a GSM/cdma Chooser and 4 inch display. Based on that alone its not going to be competing with the vigor on specs alone or even the galaxy s2 that already launched.

With the iPhone, none of that matters. It's all about the user experience, and Apple has that nailed. For folks like us, hammering Droid forums, specs matter. To most of the 100 million+ people who will by the iPhone 5, specs wont matter at all.

If the question asked is: Will the iPhone 5 be better than these Android phones, then that is a matter of opinion, but most here (including me) will probably still prefer a GS2 or other high end Android device to it.

If the question asked is: Will the iPhone 5 sell more than any one (or 5 or 10 maybe) of these Android phones, then almost without question the answer is yes.

Good to make the distinction always .. "Is it better?" is not the same as "Will it sell more?" ...

Reactions: webostoandroid82

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
With the iPhone, none of that matters. It's all about the user experience, and Apple has that nailed. For folks like us, hammering Droid forums, specs matter. To most of the 100 million+ people who will by the iPhone 5, specs wont matter at all.

If the question asked is: Will the iPhone 5 be better than these Android phones, then that is a matter of opinion, but most here (including me) will probably still prefer a GS2 or other high end Android device to it.

If the question asked is: Will the iPhone 5 sell more than any one (or 5 or 10 maybe) of these Android phones, then almost without question the answer is yes.

Good to make the distinction always .. "Is it better?" is not the same as "Will it sell more?" ...

Bingo. We like to boast about the raw specs of our devices, but by far the majority of buyers don't give a crap. As long as it has a great user experience, they don't care what powers it. (proven by the iPhone 4s continued high sales numbers)

rrhartjr

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Its not just about specs. Its about smoothness, UI, UX, and stability. AND battery life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

And not even the biggest Android fan (me) in the universe can claim that ANY Android phone is even a contest for iPhone battery life. Say what you will about any other department.. it crushes there.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I was sort of excited about the Vigor until I read that ICS will go to the TI Omap platform first.

The Vigor is using the Snapdragon platform and probably won't see ICS until sometime next year.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or does this phone pretty much blow everything on the market out of the water. Spec wise and on paper of course. I was a big mot guy until I got my dinc2 and would be a liar is I was to say they didn't seem to have their software and hardware much more squared away.

I could care less about 4g I actually wish they vigor came without it but that aside 1.5 ghz dual core processors beats by dre headphones included new sense version. If the price is 299.99 on contract its without a doubt a way better buy then the bionic. What do you guys think? This should be my next phone hope it's 4 inches.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This might be my next phone, depending on how I feel about the Samsung Prime. Also, the phone seems to be 4.3". I wish it was 4" -- it's the perfect size IMO. But 4.3" isn't so bad and that HD display would be worth it.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I still can't get why some iPhone4 owners think their phone is 4G just cause it has a "4" in the name.

Because most iphone 4 owners have no business owning a smartphone they bought into the novelty and felt that if there phone could play music or do something other then make calls they should get it. Truth be told they should just use an old school flip phone. I'm not an android fanboy cause some suck. But watching I phone owners complain about endless crap but still go back like it's all they know is ridiculous its like watching ******s in the wild.

: actual conversation I had with a coworker a month or so ago:

I broke my iphone screen and there making it impossible for me to get a new one. I have insurance but i need to send the proof of purchase In and jump through a bunch of other hoops. It's like buying a firearm. And my deductible is still almost what it cost when i bought it.

Me: why don't you try another type of phone (anyone not just android).

I dunno

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This might be my next phone, depending on how I feel about the Samsung Prime. Also, the phone seems to be 4.3". I wish it was 4" -- it's the perfect size IMO. But 4.3" isn't so bad and that HD display would be worth it.

If its shaped right, you won't tell the difference. I played with a Sensation for a bit, and that phone felt WAY smaller than you would think. HTC's pretty good about putting curves in the right places, so I bet the Vigor will be just right.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure when this turned into a thread about the iPhone, but let's get back on track with some Vigor/IHD talk. For those who would like to talk about the iPhone, please visit the appropriate forum.

And I'd like to remind everyone of this forum rule (consider this a warning):
Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
more BS

You must be a paid htc shill. Because if what you say was true, apple wouldn't be eating htc and motos marketshare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Apple can sell more iPhones in a single weekend than any of the manufacturers you mentioned can sell in an entire MONTH. For most normal consumers right now, 4g isnt even on the radar.

W What are yougetting paid??. Where did you get that BS from :D4Gis coming thing, I bet you know this.Apple is great it will aways be here.

Last edited:

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
You must be a paid htc shill. Because if what you say was true, apple wouldn't be eating htc and motos marketshare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Apple can sell more iPhones in a single weekend than any of the manufacturers you mentioned can sell in an entire MONTH. For most normal consumers right now, 4g isnt even on the radar.

you're calling some a shill? you are in an android forum talking up how great the iPhone is. Maybe 3-4 years ago, nothing could touch the iPhone, but now, other phones have caught up and some have gone ahead of where apple is. Many more people have an iPhone, because they want to have the "now" deviece or be "in" with the crowd... my wife got one and loves it, I can't stand Steve Jobs because he is a major tool...

P.S. any spelling errors are atributed to me being at work and typing this when I should be working...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12