Dimensions?

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am currently a disappointed I phone 4 User. After much thinking. I like the Thunderbolt design. I been reading and researching about the Vigor but does anyone have the dimensions or idea? I like how the Thunderbolt fits in the hand and the pictures of the Vigor seem like a taller version as the Thunderbolt is a wider screen. Any ideas?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Same diagonal screen dimension. However, it will be a little longer, as you said, which will make it less wide and a little thinner. Some people have broken it down more specially. But if you have seen an EVO 3D or Sensation, that's the general idea.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I like about the Thunderbolt. Having the Wider feel. I held the bionic in my hand and it feels too long the Thunderbolt has a better feel to it in my opinion I guess it has to be one of those things you see and feel in person and get an idea

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I like about the Thunderbolt. Having the Wider feel. I held the bionic in my hand and it feels too long the Thunderbolt has a better feel to it in my opinion I guess it has to be one of those things you see and feel in person and get an idea

That's the key! Adding a solid case will help too. I use Seidio's active cases for my phones. Always makes em a little more easy to handle.

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
But wouldnt a wider screen vs a taller screen be better. I mean you would be able to see more with a 4.3 again if the phone ever comes out it will help speed up my decision

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The difference is really negligible, at least to me. A taller screen translates into a wider screen when rotated to watch high def movies and whatnot, so it is better in that sense.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
But wouldnt a wider screen vs a taller screen be better. I mean you would be able to see more with a 4.3 again if the phone ever comes out it will help speed up my decision

Both will be 4.3", the difference is the aspect ratio. The EVO3D & Sensation are supposed to be more like the DroidX. In reality, that's actually better. If I remember correctly, the Tbolt has a 15:9 ratio like most HDTVs, where the DX, EVO3D, & Sensation have a 16:9 ratio which is what movie screens have. Basically, with a 15:9 when you watch a widescreen movie, you'll still have some of the black bars above and below, where with the 16:9 ratio, the picture will fill the screen completely. Now watching a TV show made for HDTVs with a 15:9 ratio you'll end up with the picture being stretched a little wide.

For me the Tbolt was a little clumsy in the hand, being a little too wide, so the newer form factor should solve that issue.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
well i guess im trying to figure out how the thickness will be in the hand I like the feel of the tbolt and the vigor looks tall not as wide

One thing to consider with the Tbolt and Vigor. The back on the Vigor is similar to the Incredible1 & 2, with a sloped/terraced slant to the edges. The Tbolt had a more squared off to the edge with some rounding at the corner.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
One thing to consider with the Tbolt and Vigor. The back on the Vigor is similar to the Incredible1 & 2, with a sloped/terraced slant to the edges. The Tbolt had a more squared off to the edge with some rounding at the corner.

The back is also textured kinda like the EVO 3D

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
People forget that 16:9 doesn't necessarily mean no black bars. The bars are meant to "frame" the picture with contrast to make it easier on the eyes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
People forget that 16:9 doesn't necessarily mean no black bars. The bars are meant to "frame" the picture with contrast to make it easier on the eyes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So then if the screen is 16:9 and so is the actual video, are they gonna put black bars on the sides to maintain the aspect ratio? On videos that aren't widescreen the picture goes from top to bottom, so why the need to contrast on a movie but not other video? Not saying you're wrong but don't see the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox