No More Interest in the Vigor/Rezound?

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I find myself losing interest in the Vigor is the similarities to my Incredible. I know its very different, and I love Sense, but it just feels like it might be getting a little stale. I think a vanilla experience, especially ICS, would keep things interesting.I know I could flash a ROM like CM7, but I really dislike a lot of the stock apps, and it so far it seems those dislikes have gone away in ICS. It just seems like the Nexus would have a bit more of that 'new' factor, since Ive flashed a 3.0+ ROM with Gingerbread onto my Incredible already.

And if the Vigor does get pushed back, that would probably remove it from the race for me entirely. The RAZR and Motorola's UI just arent my taste, so they were never really in it for me.

well i wasn't going to buy another phone until january anyways soo ill wait. for you, you might as well see what phones ship in 2012, there will always be something better on the horizon.

myself the vigor fits the bill, the specs are perfect. i was disappointed in the nexus specs.

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont do much writing on the forums. But Currently I have an I phone 4 for the past year and a half. And after there announcement with I Phone 4s I'm disappointed. I have everything apple. I never been a fan of a droid or Android at all!. After doing research, I feel to myself Apple is way far behind. As much as I don't want to admit, since being a fanboy. There just slow. Steve Jobs passing away, I feel will hurt there innovative technology. He was a perfectionist. But slow. There update is everything Android has been doing for years.

Being into technology:phones, tv's, cameras, computers. It's time for me to try something new. So I joined up here and of course. The top phones I'm interested are would be Razr, Nexus, And Vigor. I also plan on switching to Verizon as well. Another advantage and point. But after seeing the Razr I said wow. Thin, light, processor, phone it all looks amazing. I know with Motorola there phones are and have always been good with call signal. Then 10 pm hits and so does the Nexus. What caught my eye with the phone was the ICS the software looks insane. And I feel I want that software I dont want to wait. As far as samsung goes. A 5mp camera is not going to make it or break it for me. Lets think about it. I phone 4 has been a 5mp camera for how long and there pictures are better then a 8mp by far. So if people are complaining over that really? who cares move on! The size of the phone well shoot. I'm working with 3.5in so anything else is an upgrade. Now with the Vigor all the specs we have heard are just specs. I need a hands on feel for all these devices. As of right now Nexus is my choice unless im blown away by HTC. If and when it ever comes out. No one will ever be satisfied with technology in phones because every other month is a new design.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
What a mess. As usual. The Razr, can't pull battery, so how do you restart it? HTC had best rep until Tbolt, and suddenly, not so much. And what's the word on Vigor, and I, too, refuse to use their other stupid term. And Samsung quality had kind of lagged from reports, until now. Moto builds bulletproof phones, but how do you reboot it when it freezes? Will the Vigor measure up? So many questions and no answers. All VZW, all coming within weeks....

milkshed27

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What a mess. As usual. The Razr, can't pull battery, so how do you restart it? HTC had best rep until Tbolt, and suddenly, not so much. And what's the word on Vigor, and I, too, refuse to use their other stupid term. And Samsung quality had kind of lagged from reports, until now. Moto builds bulletproof phones, but how do you reboot it when it freezes? Will the Vigor measure up? So many questions and no answers. All VZW, all coming within weeks....

Usually any device that has a non-removable battery can be rebooted through button presses such as, power button + volume up or down. On my OG Droid I've never had a situation where alt-shift-delete didn't work to reboot my phone.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I was holding out for the Vigor/Rezound. Now Motorola threw a HUGE monkey wrench into the works with the Razr. HTC will have to do something quickly to make me not buy that sexy beast.:)
Exactly my thinking. Damn it!

EDIT: and the crappy GB rollout with Tbolt and DINC has somewhat soured me on HTC.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
lolwut? you think its going to be faster? Be explain your reasoning for thinking this.

simple... the vigor has a dual core 1.5ghz compared to the nexus having only 1.2ghz. also the vigor will have a 8mp camera compared to a 5mp on the nexus. not too mention htc's build quality is always superior to samsung, at least in my experience.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If HTC is going to keep in the Android race, they need to "announce" the Vigor before the RAZR and Galaxy Nexus go on sale. Otherwise they will be losing a lot of sales.

For me, I've got until late December until I'm eligible for an upgrade (current phone is Droid Incredible). So I've got time to watch and see how things pan out. But it sounds like at least three great phones are going to be coming to Verizon in the coming months.

- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- HTC Vigor

Decisions.. decisions.. :)

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
simple... the vigor has a dual core 1.5ghz compared to the nexus having only 1.2ghz. also the vigor will have a 8mp camera compared to a 5mp on the nexus. not too mention htc's build quality is always superior to samsung, at least in my experience.

Dude, quite simply doesn't make it faster, once dual cores came out all phones are generally the same despite a .3 mghz difference. Now its all about the software baby. 4.0 ftw. And on a side note, the 8mp cam makes it faster? Lol wut 0.0

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea tough decisions.. went from Fascinate which was 1st smartphone; thin/light w AMOLED screen; but eternity for Froyo to arrive (Sammy/VZW to blame?); and still no GB on it over to T-BOLT. HTC brought me larger screen; LTE performance and outages :-( Sense is very nice...but random reboots and again delays w updates to GB cause me to be leary... the RAZR looks wicked nice and can only assume now that owned by google that ICS can't be far away.... corp phone is a D2G and it's gotten updates pretty frequently as of late w/ GB and GB re-release... same for my XOOM wifi - cant' wait for the ICS update to arrive :)

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea tough decisions.. went from Fascinate which was 1st smartphone; thin/light w AMOLED screen; but eternity for Froyo to arrive (Sammy/VZW to blame?); and still no GB on it over to T-BOLT. HTC brought me larger screen; LTE performance and outages :-( Sense is very nice...but random reboots and again delays w updates to GB cause me to be leary... the RAZR looks wicked nice and can only assume now that owned by google that ICS can't be far away.... corp phone is a D2G and it's gotten updates pretty frequently as of late w/ GB and GB re-release... same for my XOOM wifi - cant' wait for the ICS update to arrive :)

Ditto. Have an ATRIX 2 with AT&T, and I am hopeful, Motorola with Google and ATRIX 2 carries that ti omap processor. Ics on the herizon for latest Motorola handsets feels for sure.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Dude, quite simply doesn't make it faster, once dual cores came out all phones are generally the same despite a .3 mghz difference. Now its all about the software baby. 4.0 ftw. And on a side note, the 8mp cam makes it faster? Lol wut 0.0

no the cpu will be faster and the phone will probably get more developer love. i mentioned the camera is better as well. since when do you guys come here to bash the vigor?

it's all about choice and i love the fact we will have soo many great devices to choose from in 2012. verizon has really stepped it up here. i bet here hear confirmation on the vigor by the beginning of november with a late november or early december release. they won't pass up the holiday season.

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I think he just means that's what he feels makes the Vigor better than the Nexus in his opinion. It is true that you can't always judge things by specs alone but it does make a good starting point. Software and a few other things do go into it though. Until both devices are out and tested no one can honestly say which is faster and more than likely even when it is decided the difference may be undetectable by the human eye. I do hope that HTC does announce something soon because their lack of action and promotion for this device may cause what looks to be a really good phone a ton of sales and potential success. People have a short attention span now a days and if you expect them to wait you have to throw them a few crumbs every now and then or you lose them. Even though I am pretty sure I will get the Vigor I do plan on actually holding both the Vigor and the Nexus in my hands and putting them through their paces. But even so a little news every now and then wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: DougD84

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, the optimization of ICS will probably give the Nexus a slight edge over the Vigor on GB. If not, they are still going to be extremely similar, its not like were going to see a performance difference coming from a OG Droid to the Galaxy Nexus or Vigor. For just simple navigating the OS, 0.3 Ghz may not really matter.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think he just means that's what he feels makes the Vigor better than the Nexus in his opinion. It is true that you can't always judge things by specs alone but it does make a good starting point. Software and a few other things do go into it though. Until both devices are out and tested no one can honestly say which is faster and more than likely even when it is decided the difference may be undetectable by the human eye. I do hope that HTC does announce something soon because their lack of action and promotion for this device may cause what looks to be a really good phone a ton of sales and potential success. People have a short attention span now a days and if you expect them to wait you have to throw them a few crumbs every now and then or you lose them. Even though I am pretty sure I will get the Vigor I do plan on actually holding both the Vigor and the Nexus in my hands and putting them through their paces. But even so a little news every now and then wouldn't hurt.

as i said i prefer htc phones.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, the optimization of ICS will probably give the Nexus a slight edge over the Vigor on GB. If not, they are still going to be extremely similar, its not like were going to see a performance difference coming from a OG Droid to the Galaxy Nexus or Vigor.

true but also the vigor and razr will get ice cream as well.

Blackthanos

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
as i said i prefer htc phones.

Well I am still new to the smartphone market so I don't really have any brand loyalty to speak of. I do like the general look of most HTC phones though and there is no use owning a device that you can't stand to look at no matter how good the internal specs are. It's like having a Porche engine in a Yugo body. Who cares, it's still a F'n Yugo...lol. I've really gotten in to music more than ever before so the Vigor having Beats by Dre and the ability for me to swap out SD cards for music, music videos, and movies is a big plus to me. I'm hoping they do improve the battery life but I'm already pretty sure I'm going to get a spare battery anyway so unless it's WORSE than the TB batt. I don't think I'll have problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke