Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Rezound processor and GPU comparison.

AddversitY

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It is to my understanding that the Google Nexus Prime will have a TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 clocked at 1.2ghz and that the Rezound will be clocked at 1.5ghz dual core. Does this necessarily mean that the Rezound will out perform the Nexus Prime, disregarding ICS? I'm looking to purchase the phone with sole purpose on performance and screen quality. I am not a fan of no mircoSD card in the Nexus, and only 32gb of max storage (which will probably run at a high rate).

Anyhow, anybody have any idea on which phone will perform better? I'm trying to compare the three upcoming phones, Nexus, Rezound and the RAZR and this is what I am mainly concerned about is my new phone being obsolete to one of its competitors in terms of performance.

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Rezound processor and GPU comparison

It's hard to explain, but the Galaxy Nexus, from what I've heard, has a newer processor, so even though it's clocked at 1.2, it won't necessarily make a difference compared to the 1.5 that the Rezound will be clocked at. Now, we don't know what processor the Rezound will have, which makes it hard to accurately answer, but I mean, honestly, is anybody really gonna notice the 0.3ghz difference? It's hard to judge just from numbers, but I'm sure both phones will perform with around the same speed and efficiency, because they're both practically super-smartphones. One question though, are you going to want to root it, either phone you get? Because if you do, you can change the clock speeds, and probably clock the Galaxy Nexus up to that 1.5 if you really want it that much. Sorry if some of the info is wrong, and please, someone with more knowledge put their opinion in too, but we'll know a helluva lot more about the Rezound in about 24 hours

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

The Rezound will have the S3 Qualcomm cpu. Just like the Sensation, EVO 3d, and Amaze 4g. The S4 Socs will not be their devices until next year.

AddversitY

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

It's hard to explain, but the Galaxy Nexus, from what I've heard, has a newer processor, so even though it's clocked at 1.2, it won't necessarily make a difference compared to the 1.5 that the Rezound will be clocked at. Now, we don't know what processor the Rezound will have, which makes it hard to accurately answer, but I mean, honestly, is anybody really gonna notice the 0.3ghz difference? It's hard to judge just from numbers, but I'm sure both phones will perform with around the same speed and efficiency, because they're both practically super-smartphones. One question though, are you going to want to root it, either phone you get? Because if you do, you can change the clock speeds, and probably clock the Galaxy Nexus up to that 1.5 if you really want it that much. Sorry if some of the info is wrong, and please, someone with more knowledge put their opinion in too, but we'll know a helluva lot more about the Rezound in about 24 hours

Thanks for the reply man! I'm excited to hear what is up with the Rezound today! =]

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The OMAP CPU has based on Cortex-A9 design and while the S3 Snapdragon is a Cortex-A8 like design. What this means is that even though the OMAP SoC in the Nexus is clocked lower it will have the equivalent performance of the Snapdragon. The Snapdragon does have a better GPU which should help in gaming.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site

The OMAP CPU has based on Cortex-A9 design and while the S3 Snapdragon is a Cortex-A8 like design. What this means is that even though the OMAP SoC in the Nexus is clocked lower it will have the equivalent performance of the Snapdragon. The Snapdragon does have a better GPU which should help in gaming.
You sure about that last part?

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

You sure about that last part?

Yeah......I don't think anyone will know for sure until the galaxy nexus actually comes out. I don't think there will be much of a difference between the two.

Berzerker

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Biggest difference:

OMAP4460 -> Cortex A9 cores

S3 Snapdragons -> 2 Scorpion based cores. Similar in instruction set to Cortex A8.

The OMAP4s decently outperform the current dual-core snapdragons. It won't be until Krait comes out that they'll start rivaling them.

Also, the Adreno 220 is pretty on par with an SGX540 overclocked to about 400MHz, so it'll be similar in performance.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

I love when people just assume,just wait and see first.

i get what you are saying and in all honesty you are right, but OMG look at their track record!! i have only owned HTC devices and love them and really love sense but damn they have crappy battery life. this phone has a 1650mAh? battery, yikes. that is what always made me so upset, it is almost like HTC just straight up expects you to buy the extended batterys to have an all day device.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

i get what you are saying and in all honesty you are right, but OMG look at their track record!! i have only owned HTC devices and love them and really love sense but damn they have crappy battery life. this phone has a 1650mAh? battery, yikes. that is what always made me so upset, it is almost like HTC just straight up expects you to buy the extended batterys to have an all day device.

I'll have to agree.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Also the 4460 is natively clocked at 1.5 so it is under-clocked for better battery life.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Supposedly the rezound gets pretty decent battery life. That will increase if you root and remove sense.

Trooperx91

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Also running Sense, Touchwiz, or Motoblur is gonna slow a phone down whereas rumor has it the nexus is gonna be completely clean so my vote is with the nexus being alot faster. Now if I get to clean Sense offa the Rezound and overclock it? That would make me a happy man.
The Nexus being clean also promises an easier time rooting it though.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I haven't used the Galaxy Nexus obviously, but I don't see it having much better performance over the Rezound. The SGSII is supposed to have the best processor of the current Android devices and it is only marginally better than the Rezound.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately, if you buy the Rezound, pick up the extended battery, you'll need it if you plan on using it.
This is not my experience !!! I came from a Droid X with the extended battery and my Rezound is a bit better so take it for what it's worth. Although an extended battery isn't a bad idea yo don't have to panic.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used the Galaxy Nexus obviously, but I don't see it having much better performance over the Rezound. The SGSII is supposed to have the best processor of the current Android devices and it is only marginally better than the Rezound.

Before I write this out, let me assure you that I am a Galaxus fanboy.

When the Rezound gets Ice Cream Sandwich, specs will not matter as much anymore. Ice Cream Sandwich brings with it hardware acceleration, the necessity for high specs for Android phones to perform well is deteriorating. Compared to phones released 6 months from now, the Rezound (assuming it gets Ice Cream Sandwich) should be on an equal playing field. Hardware acceleration means everything is smooth and there is little to no lag. There might be a .01 ms of less lag on those newer phones, but do you want to know who would notice? Only the biased. Android fanatics freaking out over specs is a thing of the past until those quad-cores start to deliver better power management.

I only prefer the Galaxy Nexus because I do not plan on rooting and voiding my warranty though I have done so with my Motorola DROID. I'll also enjoy the speedy updates and hardware/software integration. Were it not for this phone, I'd be using a Rezound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae