Rezound VS Droid Razr?

WD6FOX

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Am torn between the REZOUND or DROID RAZR, The removeable battery has me leaning towards REZOUND.. Any thoughts? I guess I will wait until next week and play with them both in the store...

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
For a long time now I have been waiting for the Vigor (I refuse to call it the Rezound). I have a DInc and have loved it since day one. Lately, HTC has been dissapointing me with their products. My examples are the poor build quality and battery life of the Thunderbolt, the poor upgrade process for the TBolt and the DInc to 2.3.
So then the Razr comes along and it gets me thinking about my OG Droid. The build quality of that phone was excellent, and the Razr looks like it has similar solidness. Honestly, I think that many people here a hung up on the fact that you can not remove the battery. If I have removed my battery 5 times in the year that I have the DInc, its alot. I understand if you like to swap batteries, but I think that the Razr's battery is going to hold up to some heavy use.

These are just my opinions. I think that either way you go, you cant go wrong. I forgot the new sexy Sense on the Vigor....ugh decisions decisions....

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If the Razr had a removable battery, I might have per-ordered already. However, I have an X and have HAD TO remove my batter a few times since the download of GB. And I mean it was either remove the battery or walk around with a brick.

The other problem with the Razr is Moto's reputation with upgrading software. My X was great till the GB upgrade, after that it turned into ok. It works, but slower than before and I actually have removed a ton of apps that were never used, and it has required some battery pulls (shades of BB).

So, I'm waiting to see real life results for a few months.

Will the Rezound require a larger battery?
Will the Razr have problems with the non-removeable battery.
Will the Razr have problems with the ICS upgrade?

Time will tell, and I'm in no hurry.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If the Razr had a removable battery, I might have per-ordered already. However, I have an X and have HAD TO remove my batter a few times since the download of GB. And I mean it was either remove the battery or walk around with a brick.

The other problem with the Razr is Moto's reputation with upgrading software. My X was great till the GB upgrade, after that it turned into ok. It works, but slower than before and I actually have removed a ton of apps that were never used, and it has required some battery pulls (shades of BB).

By then, you would never think about those phones.:p

S J

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Before the droid x was only built when moto was alone.. Now take in to consideration that moto is part of google now and google helped built the device.... so the software should also run smoother...

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Before the droid x was only built when moto was alone.. Now take in to consideration that moto is part of google now and google helped built the device.... so the software should also run smoother...

Not true as of this date. Motorola share holders have not voted on the sale of Moto Mobility to Google (believe that is schedule toward the end of this month); however, that will probably not be a problem. The problem is with the DOJ. Last month they reported they will take a deeper look at this sale than previous sales. So, there is no guarantee the sale will go through and if it does, it will not happen this year. Hopefully, if it does go through, it will go through 1st Qtr 2012.

In addition, I'm sure the Razr was in design before the sale was even announced.

I would agree, if the sale goes through, all those phones developed after the sale will be software engineered with more Google input than those phone engineered before the sale. Thus, the software transitions between OS should be smoother and less troublesome.

Reactions: yibrushn

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am also torn between the two.. I have a droid x and have had since launch date, Overall a decent phone, but everytime a new update was released always created another issue. once I got gingerbread I get random reboots.. never ad before, nothing different on the phone. I have called motorola numerous times NO HELP.. Last update seem to take of of that but now my phone is sluggish. I constantly have to either power on and off and do battery pulls./ my tow kids have the motorol droid 2 global. they also have had many issues with there phones that they both just switched to an HTC phone/
Im really leary about getting another motorola phone as they start out nice but end up with many problems.. Im sure all these smartphones has a share of there problems but motorola seem to take the top with issues and they are the slowest to realease up dates and FIXES.. leaning more towards the rezound.. razor cant do battery pulls

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I was torn between these two as well and thought I had decided on the RAZR. Then I went over to the Bionic forum and read about the problems with them. Since the Bionic was released fairly recently, I doubt Moto has addressed the problems with a new device. Non-replaceable battery concerns me as well. I guess it is the Vigor for me.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I was torn between these two as well and thought I had decided on the RAZR. Then I went over to the Bionic forum and read about the problems with them. Since the Bionic was released fairly recently, I doubt Moto has addressed the problems with a new device. Non-replaceable battery concerns me as well. I guess it is the Vigor for me.

I wouldn't use that logic, since the Thunderbolt isn't all peaches and cream either.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't use that logic, since the Thunderbolt isn't all peaches and cream either.

Gotta agree with you there. My Thunderbolt sucked! I had to go back to using my Droid Incredible until my Droid RAZR arrives in the mail.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would pick the Rezound over the Razr just looking at the devices, I'm not caring for the looks of the Razr IMO it's ugly. If your thinking of any other phone then the Rezound I would suggest the Galaxy Nexus IMHO.

Reactions: Comet6

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Rezound since it was first talked about way back in the Vigor days. As I am finally retiring my OG Droid, the thickness doesn't really affect me, as there is just .5mm difference between the 2.

Personally for me, I prefer a slightly thicker phone, it feels more comfortable and secure when holding. All the people that bash the Rezound for being to thick - DON'T BUY IT! But you don't need to keep pointing it out and bashing it continually.

That's the nice thing about Android; you are not a slave to 1 device a year like some "other" company, you can get a device form a variety that suits your needs, both hardware and software. And you can always change it via root and ROM. That's why I have GB on my OG, OC'ed to 1GHz while I wait just 1 more week. :cool:

e-lu

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Without considering other available or soon to be available phone options, if I were deciding between the Rezound and Razr I would go with the Rezound. I've been a big Moto fan in the past, but I am concerned about lack of quality control and the lack of user support. Moto is cranking out "flagship" phones way too fast right now. If you look at the Droid X2/Bionic/RAZR sequence, each of those phones seem like iterations on the same theme. Plus the Droid 3 just came out and already we have seen photos of a very advanced-looking stage Droid 4. As any owner of a Moto Droid besides the OG Droid can tell you, Moto has been very slow with their software updates, and when they do update there have been some very serious bugs and flaws.

Motorola is a fantastic company with a lot of history and some of the best engineers on the planet. I am sure that they will right the ship eventually, but until they do I will not be buying another Motorola product. They seem like they are running scared right now and rushing stuff out. Once a product is out the door they are not supporting it or its users adequately, instead they are immediately focused only on the next big thing.

HTC, has had its flaws as well. A lot of people were disappointed with the Thunderbolt, but I have heard largely good things about the Dinc and Dinc2. While HTC Sense is a bit more invasive and visible than the increasingly light touch Moto has taken with its Android skins, I think a lot of people think Sense is okay. The Rezound brings the goods as far as the hardware goes -- it's basically equivalent to the RAZR in every relevant stat, except that it is thicker and has a removable battery. However it comes with some (probably) halfway-decent headphones for the same price. That's not that big of a value for me, but it's something to consider. The headphones are probably worth at least $50, so that's an added value I guess.

If I was buying one of these two phones this month, it would be the Rezound. (Again, I'm not considering any other phones in this post)

RENCH32

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Incredible since day one and I'm scared to pay for something new. Seems like all the new phones have more problems then mine. When are they going to make another high end phone that you can carry in your pocket?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I carry my Thunderbolt in my pocket, with a Seidio Active case on it (which adds a little bulk). I wear slim fit jeans. I have no issues pocketing/unpocketing. I really think thinness is overrated, especially when it warrants compromises (no removable battery, awkwardly placed ports, etc).

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I can remember when cell phones required a bag, so the so-called thickness of the Rezound is not a concern. However, and this is subjective, the Razr is better looking. But that non-removable battery scares the hell out of me.

I'm just going to sit back for a few months and read what everyone says about the battery life on the Rezound and the non-removable battery feature of the Razr. And by then, who knows, maybe the EDGE will be released for Verizon and I can start all over again.:D

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a bionic and there are no problems with it, the people who complain about it I really doubt actualy used it. Its a great phone and if I dont like the razr then I will get another bionic. The Bionic is wicked fast.

that said, I dont think the non removeable battery is an issue, my Xoom is the same way...its not an issue