Dinc Owners?

pegleg#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Is the constant and false "low application space" error message and the fact that it was never addressed by HTC enough to make you doubt about getting the Rezound?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Dinc2 owner. My only doubt about the Rezound is the reception issue on my device. CNET just published a review stating the Rezound "could have better call quality." I'm hoping the reception in the Rezound has improved over the Dinc 2. I've never experienced the low application space error before.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Is the constant and false "low application space" error message and the fact that it was never addressed by HTC enough to make you doubt about getting the Rezound?

It didn't happen on my Incredible and hasn't happened on my Thunderbolt. I wouldn't be worried about it.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This error is the primary reason for me getting the Vigor. I need more space.

username235

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Not really, because I'm running a port from the Sensation XL on my Incredible, and it runs perfectly fine, no false messages, or low application space or anything like that.
If you are, for some reason, having those problems on the Incredible, take a look at this [MOD] Ext4 4 ALL! Gingerbread AOSP + GingerSense Update: 10/27 Normal dalvik fixed - xda-developers
I think it helps people with that, and pretty much gets rid of that message, and helps overall performance anyways.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Former owner here, and while I loved my Inc, it definitely had flaws including the out of space error. But since picking up the Razr I found another flaw the Incredible had "Signal Reception" I was lucky to get one bar in my home with the Incredible so I had to pick up a Wireless Network extender. With the Razr I've got 3 to 4 bars, I don't even need the extender anymore. Besides that, Sense was getting a bit old for me and wanted a change.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Former owner here, and while I loved my Inc, it definitely had flaws including the out of space error. But since picking up the Razr I found another flaw the Incredible had "Signal Reception" I was lucky to get one bar in my home with the Incredible so I had to pick up a Wireless Network extender. With the Razr I've got 3 to 4 bars, I don't even need the extender anymore. Besides that, Sense was getting a bit old for me and wanted a change.

What is that extender thing? Does it really work? I've had three phones (currently a BB and waiting for the Rezound) while living in this house and the call quality has been plain awful. I've had to stand outside, with the snow falling, to be able to hear a caller, and I'm afraid of the same happening again, with the Rezound. Besides, I was told at the VZW store that there is no longer a free 30 day exchange.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Yes.

False or otherwise, my Dinc automatically stops receiving emails as long as that stinkin low memory symbol appears on my notification bar. I get that notification regularly and it eats at me like nobody's business. I've figured out a series of steps to get rid of it but it's time consuming and doesn't always kick in for a while. It's too bad, because my Dinc, with Launcher Pro running over Sense, has been a dream in every other way.

I'm going for the Galaxy Nexus when my contract ends on December 30th. Might even try to get it earlier given my frustration over the low memory issue.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
What is that extender thing? Does it really work? I've had three phones (currently a BB and waiting for the Rezound) while living in this house and the call quality has been plain awful. I've had to stand outside, with the snow falling, to be able to hear a caller, and I'm afraid of the same happening again, with the Rezound. Besides, I was told at the VZW store that there is no longer a free 30 day exchange.

The extender plugs into your router and uses your wireless for signal. Works very well.

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a VZW range extender at my house because here in the mountains, there is nearly no signal at all, except when standing at the front door with it held at hip height and the kitchen faucet running (JK). I don't remember how much it was, but there is no monthly cost, just the original equipment cost. Plugs into my router and works just fine, and I only have a-DSL up here in the boonies.

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being dim. And this improves your phone call reception/quality? Is this extender expensive?

Check on ebay, you can get them pretty cheap but make sure it comes with all the cables. As for quality I guess that would depend on your phone but definitely boosts your reception. Never had a call drop after installing. Hope that helps.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a bunch, guys, about the extender. May be a lifesaver, as I, presently, have to go from the sub-basement to the second floor, and stand turned the certain way near the certain window to have an uninterrupted call. (And it an't no JK.) VZW sells it for $250, but there're some on eBay for less than a $100. It concerns me, though, that eBay descriptions are mum about the cables. Are there a few? What kind?

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a bunch, guys, about the extender. May be a lifesaver, as I, presently, have to go from the sub-basement to the second floor, and stand turned the certain way near the certain window to have an uninterrupted call. (And it an't no JK.) VZW sells it for $250, but there're some on eBay for less than a $100. It concerns me, though, that eBay descriptions are mum about the cables. Are there a few? What kind?

Just ask the seller if it has all the cables.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae