official bug thread.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been hearing more and more that Verizon has been having data issues..... I sure hope it is true. Plus today they are launching more LTE networks and expanding some (I happen to be in an area of expansion). Crossing fingers this is true.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having HUGE data issues as well, i go from 3G to 1X, I'm not in a 4G area so i'm on 3G the entire time and i cant get more then 6 hours of battery life. 10 min phone calls drain 15-20% of the battery, it takes 5-10 mins to download or update an app. During that time i can literally watch my battery drop. I had the Thunderbolt so i was expecting to have a few issues but this is crazy...

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

tazcordo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a mac computer also. Select ignore. Switch phone from charge only to disk drive. Go into finder and look for your phone. There will be two areas to access. The internal memory and the sd card.

duhtroll

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and left it on the charger for about 6 hours before touching it. Had to argue with them about their own website's advertised price before they would honor it (after I sent them screen shots and a pdf of the site proving the price).

Put in the sim card and it won't even activate. I was told I needed "at least two bars" for it to pull in a good signal for activation. My area is not 4G yet but will be soon. The most I can get in my house is 1 bar. So they actually asked me to leave my house (20 degrees Fahrenheit outside) to program it. I said screw that, I will wait until I get to work today.

So it turns out the phone is just a brick and won't activate anyway and they are sending me a replacement. If I have any reception issues whatsoever I will either be going to the RAZR or switching carriers altogether. The low signal coupled with poor reception will kill this phone for me.

Getting really tired of dealing with Verizon.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
My only problem is with the audio when connect to the car's Aux input. It starts to buzz loudly and picks up "engine noise" as I accellerate. Once audio is playing the sound is clear no buzz even during silent passages. Press pause and 1 -2 seconds later the buzzing returns. This is on all audio apps including the one that has beats. Does it on Doubletwiist, Pandora, Napster, and the built in app.

kenc3dan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My only problem is with the audio when connect to the car's Aux input. It starts to buzz loudly and picks up "engine noise" as I accellerate. Once audio is playing the sound is clear no buzz even during silent passages. Press pause and 1 -2 seconds later the buzzing returns. This is on all audio apps including the one that has beats. Does it on Doubletwiist, Pandora, Napster, and the built in app.

I have that with my Rezound and Droid X as well. Gotta jam the connector in further to fix it, or get a smaller profile audio connector on your cable. Engine noise means the connector isn't properly seated. Hope this works for you.

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had every LTE phone VZW has released to date, aside from the RAZR. This is, by far, the least buggy. Sense makes everything a bit laggier than I think it should be, but I have no SERIOUS issues. It's only lost 4G once, but it dropped to 3G and picked 4G back up about 1/2 mile down the road. It doesn't suffer from the same network switching problems the others did. So far, I actually have very few complaints.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having some data drop issues too. I have noticed it is when the phone has found a wifi connection though. But I find it VERY annoying that when I am doing something it all of sudden stops and wants you to use wifi!

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings

Un-check Notify Me....that should stop that from happening.

Reactions: didiwags

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Cannot add any of my email accounts except for the built-in (generic or "Other) mail app. Getting and "Getting Toke Failed" error message.

jonezilla

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just missing some setting somewhere but the backlight for the red capacitive buttons seems to be tied to the ambient light sensor and not properly calibrated. The backlight only comes on when it is pitch dark or you put your finger over the sensor neer the earpiece. The buttons being red means they are harder to see so there needs to be a way to adjust when that comes on.

Other then that so far so good.

+ 1

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Cannot add any of my email accounts except for the built-in (generic or "Other) mail app. Getting and "Getting Toke Failed" error message.

Had that happen the first time I added my Hotmail account. Since then, no problems adding accounts of any kind on mine. I was on Wifi when it happened, if that helps.

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like my thunderbolt's been a very bad influence on my rezound. Walked out of verizon and everything was working just fine. Played with it in the car and got blazing fast home internet speeds (20mbs) on 4g and then i get home (still 4g) set it down on the table next to my thunderbolt and a couple minutes later when i pick it up it switched to 3g. In my house. The house that is indeed right next to a 4g tower and gets incredible 4g reception.

So i do a reboot and sit in awe for a minute at the purty animations and 4g is back. Whoo! Problem solved. Then i go out shopping for awhile and it switches back to 3g. I hulk out in anger and throw my phone at the ground, shattering the screen into a million pieces yelling "nooooo never again".

Okay not the last part so much, but it is taking me back to the 'ol thunderbolt launch when we couldn't get 4g to work and sometimes even rocked it on 1x! I'm sure verizon'll issue a fix. They did with the bolt and got it working perfectly. I told myself i wasn't going to get a phone the day it comes out and just wait for the bugs to get ironed out. Do i listen? Of coarse not. That beautiful screen got me.

Other than that, strange issue. Took a bunch of videos with the front and rear cameras and all came out awesome. BUT, when i hooked that sumbish to the computer and opened the video folder, it would only let me play the rear facing camera videos. The front facing would only play the audio. What...the ffffffudge
Ok. so it always switching to 3G is a known issue? I'm new to android. I thought maybe it was because I was changing the setting to economy so it switched it over.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok. so it always switching to 3G is a known issue? I'm new to android. I thought maybe it was because I was changing the setting to economy so it switched it over.

Switching between 3G/4G/ and WiFi is a known issue with all of the new 4G phones to varying degrees. It seems to be part network part phone software. In general (according to reports) it seems to be getting better. I am not in a 4G areas yet to test it.

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The data switching was a known issue for pretty much every 4g phone that came out this year. The thunderbolt came out and this issue popped up and you'd read on the forums "see? That's why i'm waiting for the charge!". Then the charge came out and had the same issues and you'd see threads saying they're returning their charge for the bionic for this very same reason. Same issue with bionic.

I will say that, it's a hell of alot less on my rezound than it was on any other phone. In fact, after that last post i made about it, i haven't seen it switch back and forth even once. Have had a solid 4g connection with even more bars in my house than my bolt. So knock on wood

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 4G with my Rezound most of the time now unless I'm in my work building or if I walk outside and it grabs onto 3G first, then within seconds it grabs 4G and hugs it tight.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my only data drop and switch issues was the second day I had it when Verizon was having issues!!! Solid 4G since with the exception of when it wants to find WiFi! I know I can turn it off but decided not too!

Sent from my Rezound

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried playing with the settings. The only way I was able to get back to 4G was pulling the battery. So is there a widget to perform a reset similar to the battery pull?

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice this posted anywhere but anyone else getting lag with other launchers?

Had some pretty bad lag with golauncher. It got so bad I went back to stock sense and it turns out, I actually like it. I must've never given it a real chance to stray away from it like i did. The widgets, the smoothness, all of it. I'm a fan of sense now.

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I tried playing with the settings. The only way I was able to get back to 4G was pulling the battery. So is there a widget to perform a reset similar to the battery pull?

LTE on/off in the market works, open it up, scroll down change to CDMA auto (PRL) then back to CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto