official bug thread.

keithk58

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just missing some setting somewhere but the backlight for the red capacitive buttons seems to be tied to the ambient light sensor and not properly calibrated. The backlight only comes on when it is pitch dark or you put your finger over the sensor neer the earpiece. The buttons being red means they are harder to see so there needs to be a way to adjust when that comes on.

Other then that so far so good.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Have to exchange mine. Went into a permanent reboot loop overnight on the charger. Two battery pulls didn't resolve.

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I havent come across any issues yet so far. I lost the data signal once for a couple seconds in the apartment but aside from that, it has been 4g all the time...

kenc3dan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't go into dock mode when in the dock. Charges ok though. Text selection seems like it's wrong. No selection markers or magnifier in browser unless you pinch to zoom page before.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Having a problem syncing my phone my PC. I downloaded the drivers and still can sync anything,Can someone help me?

Hate to ask the obvious but are you HTC sync for connection type? Setting / connect to PC / default connection / HTC sync?

2nd are you using the usb cable that came with the phone. Some cables won't transfer data. This drove me nuts a while back. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. After an hour I switched to the cable that came with my TB and it worked.

Reactions: underdonk

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm just missing some setting somewhere but the backlight for the red capacitive buttons seems to be tied to the ambient light sensor and not properly calibrated. The backlight only comes on when it is pitch dark or you put your finger over the sensor neer the earpiece. The buttons being red means they are harder to see so there needs to be a way to adjust when that comes on.

Other then that so far so good.

I wondered about this too, being totally new to Android & coming from webOS. Wasn't sure if I was being dense or what. I'm still trying to set mine up and navigate the basics after picking this up yesterday.

Reactions: TNTNT

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? I can't connect to Wifi networks unless they are not password protected. If there is no security/password I can connect just fine. I know the passwords are correct and I have tried it with other phones and equipment. Turning the wifi security off allows me to connect just fine. any ideas guys?

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? I can't connect to Wifi networks unless they are not password protected. If there is no security/password I can connect just fine. I know the passwords are correct and I have tried it with other phones and equipment. Turning the wifi security off allows me to connect just fine. any ideas guys?
Secured Wifi working fine for me.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have found an issue with Bluetooth ,when using navi over Bluetooth the first few words from the prompts are cut off. I noticed it on my bt headset and bt speaker. I also find voice quality very tinny.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Reception is not that great compared to other android phones. Dropping data all the time, in fact its so bad I wonder if its defective.
I've only got 4g at the store I bought it from whereas with the Bionic I get 4g 100% of the time at work.
Even 3g drops once every 2 min or so.
What are your experiences?
I do have the extended battery, and I wonder if the contacts on the battery cover have something to do with the antenna. The extended battery cover's contacts look different than the stock cover.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am having some data drop issues too. I have noticed it is when the phone has found a wifi connection though. But I find it VERY annoying that when I am doing something it all of sudden stops and wants you to use wifi!

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having some data drop issues too. I have noticed it is when the phone has found a wifi connection though. But I find it VERY annoying that when I am doing something it all of sudden stops and wants you to use wifi!

I personally just turned off wifi. Does that work for you? Even with wifi off for me it still drops. I find it only drops when the signal is weak to begin with, like if I'm inside a building.

spidey33162

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
How about no flashlight app? Like really launching the without some of the most popular widgets... Or like how there's no way to download extra widgets & scenes like you can on other devices from HTC(or maybe I just haven't found the setting...). Phone is kind of choppy when scrolling through apps or going from screen to screen.

starnes0564

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
WiFi keeps turning its self back on at random. It took me a while to figure out why my notification ringtone was not applied to text turns out if you go under settings on msg screen it has an option for text msg notification sound. Seems like a lot of options are on this phone in comparison to my DInc but you have to look for them more so.

spidey33162

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
WiFi keeps turning its self back on at random. It took me a while to figure out why my notification ringtone was not applied to text turns out if you go under settings on msg screen it has an option for text msg notification sound. Seems like a lot of options are on this phone in comparison to my DInc but you have to look for them more so.

The WiFi thing is very annoying but its actually a feature you can turn off under the WiFi settings... Uncheck the box labeled: notify me- when launching apps, notify me when WiFi is available...

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have an update on the signal strength.
The antenna is confirmed to be located on the battery cover. Maybe this is old news that everyone already knows, but I'm just throwing it out there. Take off the battery cover while the phone is on, and signal drops immediately.

So with that said, I swapped back from the extended battery to the stock battery and cover, and the signal strength is the same as the extended cover. I'm thinking now at this point I have a defective unit, or it's just the way this phone is by design. My coworker is going to pick up a Rezound sometime soon, within a day or two, and we will do a side-by-side comparison of signal strength using an app that measures db gain and loss real time, and graphs it out.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing my either of my email accounts in the Mail app. It hasn't synced since I set it up last night even though I keep hitting refresh. The Gmail app doesn't automatically sync for me either. It got frustrating this morning when I realized I wasn't getting any of my school's emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1