HTC Rezound First Impressions/Reviews

jsmuli2

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I started out as an OG Droid owner. Then I won a contest and got the Droid Incredible. I've had the Incredible for over a year and loaded CM7 onto it maybe 4 months ago (used stock ROM before that). CM7 made the DInc feel like a completely new phone. It was fast, and it almost never let me down.

Last week I bought the Rezound. In short - I love it. It should have been named the Incredible 3.

• Aesthetics
    It's like a bigger Droid Incredible, not too big, but enough to have to get used to. I sometimes have trouble thumbing across the screen.
  • Screen
    4.3" is perfect for me. Big enough to view plenty, amazing definition.
  • Hardware
    One of the best spec'd phones out there right now.
  • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
    Minimal use of a BT earpiece, it works fine as far as I know. Speakerphone works well.
  • Overall User Interface (including HTC Sense)
    I used to hate Sense on the DInc, but with a dual-core, I'm waiting a little til I load a cleansed ROM (CM9). I feel like Sense get's some good use out of the GPU and is pretty responsive, so I can deal with it.
  • Widgets
    I used to hate that flip-clock + animations. Now I love it (because my phone can truly handle it)
  • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
    So far, the signal quality is just as good, if not better, than the DInc.
  • GPS
    I noticed that one certain roads I was maybe a meter or two off (technically putting me on the sidewalk or on people's front lawn). Not a big deal, but the driving directions worked perfectly.
  • Social Networking
    I never use the FB/TW for Sense
  • Email/Calendar
    I use GMail, calendar works just fine. Nothing special, although, you can "search" within the calendar, which can be very useful.
  • Battery Life
    Crappy - probably my biggest complaint, but then again, I've been keeping 4G on all the time, and I'm used to extended batteries. Waiting for Anker to come out with a high capacity, but same sized battery. As of now I get a solid 8 hrs of use. 10hrs from little use.
  • Performance
    FAST. YOU NEED SOMETHING FAST HERE! BAM! HAZAH!
  • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
    Netflix, Google Music, HBOGo all work great and look great. Although Netflix seems to not know the the Rezound can show HD.
  • Keyboard's
    I use FlexT9...'Nuff said
  • Camera (both still & video)
    I friggen love the camera. It's quite crisp and fast shutter speed (IMO). Some people knock the camera, but wtf? You want quality? Go buy an SLR for 500+ bucks. Clear as day when using Skype and Qik.
  • How the Rezound compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
    I loved the Incredible, and still do. I'm keeping it handy in case something goes wrong with Rezound. But so far, I am loving Rezound more and more each day. So fast and smooth.
  • Disappointments (if any)
    Battery life - I have a feeling it's mostly the crappy bloatware that constantly trying to connect to network in the background.
    Sense - can't disable Animations and still can't customize those 3 docked buttons. Seriously, when are they going to get it? I don't want the Phone and settings buttons there.

Other Thoughts:
I'm waiting to see how the official ICS works on this baby. I do plan on rooting soon, but I don't want to void my Verizon warranty just yet. Also, I'm waiting for CM9 to blow our minds.

Holmzy31

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to droid in general and my Rezound is the first android phone I have ever owned. As a new user the experience has been great. I am still learning everything I can do with it. Battery Life doesn't bother me because I knew what I was getting into. The camera doesn't bother me. I'm not a camera guy and couldn't tell you much about it. So far the phone has been rather seemless and fluid. The touchscreen is responsive and it flows through panels/screens with ease. As an ex-apple Technician, I find this phone rather enjoyable. My only issue is I have had it occasionally powercycle on me. I'm not sure why but it never seems permananent and always corrects itself after one or two tries. Not sure if their is a fix or something I should look at to correct it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to droid in general and my Rezound is the first android phone I have ever owned. As a new user the experience has been great. I am still learning everything I can do with it. Battery Life doesn't bother me because I knew what I was getting into. The camera doesn't bother me. I'm not a camera guy and couldn't tell you much about it. So far the phone has been rather seemless and fluid. The touchscreen is responsive and it flows through panels/screens with ease. As an ex-apple Technician, I find this phone rather enjoyable. My only issue is I have had it occasionally powercycle on me. I'm not sure why but it never seems permananent and always corrects itself after one or two tries. Not sure if their is a fix or something I should look at to correct it.

The camera on this phone is actually one of the best I have used (Samsung GSII being the best) and battery life is pretty decent too.

The phone should not power cycle. Check to see what apps are running when that happens and then consider removing them. Also make sure that the battery door is on tight, and contacts not bent or broken. That caused occasional reboots on the TBolt with the extended battery door for some reason.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

That powercycling is a stinker. First, I've heard of it occurring w/ the Rezound. If you're running alot of apps, I'd consider just swapping out, over perusing for the culprits. I recall owners of the Dincs 1&2 randomly experiencing it previously. For the majority, it didn't recur post swap. It definitely is a software glitch of some sort.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
That powercycling is a stinker. First, I've heard of it occurring w/ the Rezound. If you're running alot of apps, I'd consider just swapping out, over perusing for the culprits. I recall owners of the Dincs 1&2 randomly experiencing it previously. For the majority, it didn't recur post swap. It definitely is a software glitch of some sort.

I would not swap the phone unless you think it is a hardware issue. Easy way to see is do a factory data reset on the phone install only trusted apps and see what happens. If you continue to get reboots you may have a hardware problem.

Swapping phones over software issues costs the carrier money and in the end we all pay more for devices.

ptco911

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had Rezound a week old that had mobile data radio fail. It would intermitently pick up a signal and just drop. Even in places of know strong signal. I was standing in a room with 4 other people with android phones and had no data signal while all of them had strong signal. Did a factory reset on the phone that did not resolve the issue. Exchanged the phone for another Rezound that day at Verizon store.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I would not swap the phone unless you think it is a hardware issue. Easy way to see is do a factory data reset on the phone install only trusted apps and see what happens. If you continue to get reboots you may have a hardware problem.

Swapping phones over software issues costs the carrier money and in the end we all pay more for devices.

Place blame on 90% of the people overreacting to their phones heating up while using them, as is a normal occurrence, for the inflation, not issues like powercycling.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Place blame on 90% of the people overreacting to their phones heating up while using them, as is a normal occurrence, for the inflation, not issues like powercycling.

It's both issues actually. All I am saying is do a little troubleshooting before you assume you got a bad device (they do happen) but the vast majority of electronics returned as defective actually has nothing wrong with it.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Question. Coming from my Nexus, how do you guys feel about Ice Cream Sandwhich. Yes we are going to get the update but it's not like it will be without HTC sense. Are you guys angry or excited? And hw is dev support? Is anyone working on getting ICS to this thing via custom rom?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Question. Coming from my Nexus, how do you guys feel about Ice Cream Sandwhich. Yes we are going to get the update but it's not like it will be without HTC sense. Are you guys angry or excited? And hw is dev support? Is anyone working on getting ICS to this thing via custom rom?

I'm actually looking forward to finding out how HTC will merge Sense with stock ICS and improve on it. I like a lot of the things that they did in ICS but I still like Sense better overall.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

If I knew what Sense is going to look like with ICS, and liked it, I would exchange my nexus for a Rezound in a heartbeat. The only thing giving me pause about exchanging for the Rezound is what HTC will do to ICS. Unfortunately, we probably won't find out until MWC.

coltsbro84

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
First impressions/reviews ill be sharing my input on the Htc Rezound. Frost off, I was undecided between the Rezound, iPhone 4s, Razr, and Nexus. I work at a Verizon Wireless at a indirect agent and have access to phones, setting up and playing with them.

I choose the Rezound over all other phones beacuse of its crisp, clear natural colored screen and beats audio, since then, about two weeks, I've come across multiple features that bring the Htc Rezound to the top of the list on Verizon Wireless best phone.

3G talk and surf - only phone if the newest phones to support talking while surfing the web in a 3G connection.

Music - sounds great, add in that the rezound will automatically find and download album art to your fav mp3s.

Screen capture - browsing the web? Texting? Awesome friends Facebook picture? Hold power, press home key, screen captured.

Wide angle lens - took pictures with iPhone, Razr, Incredible, and Rezound. Rezounds camera captured 30% more surroundings around the picture creating a more fuller picture than the compitition.

Call quality - above average call quality with loud Mic and loud earpiece, perfect for me since I'm a little quiet when talking on the phone.

Only bad thing - battery life with normal use, 10 hours. Keep a charger nearby or buy extended battery, problem solved.

P.s. oh! And htc rezound doesn't suffer from screen burn in like the droid Razr. Don't belive me? Visit a Verizon store and take a look for yourself

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't have an incredible, I would have gotten a rezound.
I think beats is a gimmick. I use poweramp. Same features.
I ended up with the Nexus to be different, try something new. Was getting tired of the black slab design and wasn't sure when permanent root was going to be achieved.

Only problem I have with the nexus is very poor signal in areas where I always had a signal with the DINC.
Could be the 4g toggle issue.

The Rezound is a solid device....I used to love sense but I say root it and your battery will be better for it...

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Had a Dinc, which I loved. Just got the RZ 4 days ago. Love it; it is the next incarnation of the Dinc. Looking forward to some great times ahead with my RZ!

tonyyag

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
QUESTION: When u connect a Rezound to a Mac via USB as mass storage, can you see both icons and access both the SD card and the internal memory? My incredible works that way, bu the LG Spectrum (which I bought a week ago after after trading off with the Rezound) only lets you access the SD card.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
QUESTION: When u connect a Rezound to a Mac via USB as mass storage, can you see both icons and access both the SD card and the internal memory? My incredible works that way, bu the LG Spectrum (which I bought a week ago after after trading off with the Rezound) only lets you access the SD card.

Download he LG USB Drivers http://s3.amazonaws.com/lgforum.com...inal/LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.4.1.zip?1328216623 and you will be able to access the storage on the device itself.

And yes if you have the HTC drivers, you will be able to see both. When you plug it in make sure to check the notification bar of he phone for options as to how to connect the device.

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Super amoled display made my buy Droid Charge but after buying the Rezound I never realize how much Samsung and touchwiz suck. I heard good things about the Rezound and I didn't even bother trying the Samsung's Galaxy Nexus due to signal issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20