Photos Taken With Your Rezound Camera!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the non-stock upgraded camera app?

I'm not sure which mod he's using specifically but I'm guessing it's from xda. It's not just one, per se, there's a couple of camera mods available for rooted users for both GB & ICS. Some devs have been working to improve camera performance on the Rez. Head over to xda forums to check out the Rez camera mods, it'll be easier to check out for yourself than explain what they've done so far. It's mostly just fine tuning for better performance, not really awe inspiring stuff, just minor refinements.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure which mod he's using specifically but I'm guessing it's from xda. It's not just one, per se, there's a couple of camera mods available for rooted users for both GB & ICS. Some devs have been working to improve camera performance on the Rez. Head over to xda forums to check out the Rez camera mods, it'll be easier to check out for yourself than explain what they've done so far. It's mostly just fine tuning for better performance, not really awe inspiring stuff, just minor refinements.

Thanks. My Rezound isn't rooted, so I guess it wouldn't apply to me.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The camera app I'm talking about is a modified version of the stock app, which greatly reduces compression of photos/videos. There's a pro and ultimate version, the pro version is what I'm using.

The difference between the two versions is in the ability to capture video, the pro is limited to being able to capture about 20mbps for HD video. The ultimate can capture 40mbps but requires you to have a micro-SD card capable of writing at those speeds (Class 10)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The camera app I'm talking about is a modified version of the stock app, which greatly reduces compression of photos/videos. There's a pro and ultimate version, the pro version is what I'm using.

The difference between the two versions is in the ability to capture video, the pro is limited to being able to capture about 20mbps for HD video. The ultimate can capture 40mbps but requires you to have a micro-SD card capable of writing at those speeds (Class 10)

After, seeing what they did for the Sensation XE camera. I thought this was gonna be really cool if some kind souls tweaked the Rez a bit for the denizens. Got worried for a couple days of not seeing anything. Glad it popped up, I was running out fingernails to gnaw on(not really, just anxious). I feel like I'm looking at sandskrit reading through some of those posts dealing with the actual mods they've made.

I'm really impressed w/ the, now apparent differences, between the compressed & uncompressed storing of files. Pics used to look like hd, now most look like H-effin-D. Video needs some work on the recording end but aside from that it's very nice. What stands out for you w/ the mods thru the V3 tweaks?

It's early but knowing the camera mods are making there way into the Sense 4.0 rom(s). I planned on jumping over once they got the hiccups ironed out a bit more but I may have to take the plunge soon.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
IMAG0034.jpg
[/IMG]

Only alteration was a crop. Was just a cool sunset and the cam got it set to auto. Some of the filters are really good and others are not so useful. I take more pics with it than my cam, which is a fairly decent one. Only complaint is the lack of an actual button to snap the pic as other HTC phones have. Some lost shots due to shaky hands having to press the screen.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
]Click to view quoted image
[/URL]

Only alteration was a crop. Was just a cool sunset and the cam got it set to auto. Some of the filters are really good and others are not so useful. I take more pics with it than my cam, which is a fairly decent one. Only complaint is the lack of an actual button to snap the pic as other HTC phones have. Some lost shots due to shaky hands having to press the screen.

There's apps in Google Play that allow you to use your volume rocker as a dedicated shutter button.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'll have to look into that. My fiance just got an HTC amaze, which she is returning and now getting a Rezound, and it has a dedicated button. Odd they add it to some and not others. Especially since hers is a bit newer than mine. Thanks again for the help

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'll have to look into that. My fiance just got an HTC amaze, which she is returning and now getting a Rezound, and it has a dedicated button. Odd they add it to some and not others. Especially since hers is a bit newer than mine. Thanks again for the help

Duh? Forgot to give you names. ZoomFX is a paid app but it's the nicest on Android, at the moment. Their is a bare bones, free app, called VolShutter. All in the GPlay store.

P.S. Nice pic, love the color contrasts in the rippling of the clouds.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Duh? Forgot to give you names. ZoomFX is a paid app but it's the nicest on Android, at the moment. Their is a bare bones, free app, called VolShutter. All in the GPlay store.

P.S. Nice pic, love the color contrasts in the rippling of the clouds.

Yeah I had thought of that after and didnt have time to get back and ask right away. I'll give the first a try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the pic comment. That was outside a store while I was waiting for my fiance. It came out of nowhere and began a dull grey. In minutes its was whats in the pic and stopped a lot of people who started taking pics as well. They get pretty in the winter in the Chicago area but not as vivid as that one. Thanks again for the help

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Yea, I take pictures of fire. Recurring trend. I doubt you'd be interested in the artistic aspects of the other pictures I take. Here, allow me to prove it:

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I promise when spring/summer is in full swing I'll be getting plenty of macro shots, insects, small animals, plants and the like.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Yea, I take pictures of fire. Recurring trend. I doubt you'd be interested in the artistic aspects of the other pictures I take. Here, allow me to prove it:

I promise when spring/summer is in full swing I'll be getting plenty of macro shots, insects, small animals, plants and the like.

I would hope that bottle of beer was completely emptied of all content, pics of warm beer are not cool, man, not cool.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay now this is cool. Not too long ago I spotted a dragon in those flames, and then immediately afterward someone spotted a horse. They're both in the same location; if you look on the left side of the picture very end of the flames about even with the neck of the beer bottle, you can see the horse and then above it the dragon. The dragon has a sinuous wisp of flame coming out of its mouth.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Okay now this is cool. Not too long ago I spotted a dragon in those flames, and then immediately afterward someone spotted a horse. They're both in the same location; if you look on the left side of the picture very end of the flames about even with the neck of the beer bottle, you can see the horse and then above it the dragon. The dragon has a sinuous wisp of flame coming out of its mouth.

I see what you're saying. Pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol