I won a Rezound, should I switch from Att to Verizon?

wildjoeking

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Trying to decide if I should keep the Rezound I won last night and switch to Verizon or stay with ATT and get a GS2 on blackfriday at radioshack for $50. I'm still under contract with ATT for about 8 or 9 months, not sure.

Thadrow

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If verizon has great coverage in your area and has good lte round your way id do it. With the 4gb limit increased data isnt that bad. I just bought a rezound with a new contract for 175. Coming from sprint, at first i was skeptic but verizon has tremdous coverage here. My speeds were 300kbps with sprint . Wit verizon im chillin at 20mbps. There expensive but great...

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is definitely the superior carrier, but if you'd have to pay a $300-something ETF to do the switch now it may be too pricey. I'd probably stick with AT&T and sell the Rezound on eBay for $500+

NotJoshua

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You could sign up for a one-year contract with Verizon, however I'd double check and make sure you would be better off with Verizon coverage. Depending on the area AT&T is more rewarding. Where I am, the midwest, Verizon rules over AT&T bar none.

However, if you do indeed sign up with Verizon make sure you get the one year contract through them and make sure your 4G sim card is working correctly before you leave the store. Those sim cards they can bust you $10.00 a pop at you. At least my store does if a person wants to activate a line on a 4G phone, but we make sure it works before sending you off. Some stores will pop it in and say have a good day. I know locally the activation acts funny but after you get past that you're fine.

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You could sign up for a one-year contract with Verizon, however I'd double check and make sure you would be better off with Verizon coverage. Depending on the area AT&T is more rewarding. Where I am, the midwest, Verizon rules over AT&T bar none.

Verizon to Discontinue 1-year Contracts Effective April 17/

So nope, a 1 year contract isn't an option. But why worry about a contract when you just won a kick ass new phone anyway?

I say keep it. This phone is considered a top tier phone and will do you very nicely for quite awhile

NotJoshua

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon to Discontinue 1-year Contracts Effective April 17/

So nope, a 1 year contract isn't an option. But why worry about a contract when you just won a kick ass new phone anyway?

I say keep it. This phone is considered a top tier phone and will do you very nicely for quite awhile

Interesting... I've set people up with one year contracts two months ago. I remember seeing that back early in the year however nothing was rolled out to me.

Currently if you sign a 2-year contract with a 4G device Verizon actually doubles your Data package.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

However, if you do indeed sign up with Verizon make sure you get the one year contract through them and make sure your 4G sim card is working correctly before you leave the store. Those sim cards they can bust you $10.00 a pop at you. At least my store does if a person wants to activate a line on a 4G phone, but we make sure it works before sending you off. Some stores will pop it in and say have a good day. I know locally the activation acts funny but after you get past that you're fine.

There is no longer the one year contract option on Verizon

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That...is alot of noring.

And i agree. I got the thunderbolt when they took away the ne2 and annual upgrades and nobody said a damn thing about it while they were ringing up my phone. Guess they expected you to find out from tech blogs

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
since you won the phone no need to get a two year or one year contract,you can go to month to month with no problems its your phone only actvation fee witch is 35.00 enjoy your new phone.
good luck.

Reactions: r007

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
since you won the phone no need to get a two year or one year contract,you can go to month to month with no problems its your phone only actvation fee witch is 35.00 enjoy your new phone.
good luck.

Exactly. Any phone can go month to month on Verizon. Also considering you got a $300 phone for free that should more than offset the $100 or so you'd have to pay on AT&T's ETF, but ultimately the choice is yours.

BTW, as someone who has both an AT&T SGSII (not Skyrocket) and a Rezound I have to tell you the Rezound seems to be the better phone to me. Both phones are equally smooth and zippy. The new Sense 3.5 blows TouchWiz out of the water with what you can do with it and the GSII's screen is only marginally better. Your choice of course.

Terminatorbob

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
If your happy with at&t I would just sale the Rezound and get the galaxy deal. I'm sure you could get $400 or so easy for it on eBay right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney