Capacitive Light Leak

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. Just got my Rezound today. Love it! I have noticed, however, there is considerable light leak from the capacitive buttons where the bottom of the usable display meets the bezel just above the capacitive buttons. This was present on my Thunderbolt, but I had to tilt the screen almost all the way down to see the leakage. On my Rezound, I can see it by barely tilting the screen at all. Unless I am looking at it dead on, the light leak is visible. I have a video to demonstrate it. Is this leak on everyone else's? I'd like to know before I head to Verizon to swap it out. I know it seems like a little thing, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Video:

[YT]v=1YqYOhqauAk[/YT]

If it is a normal thing, I guess I will learn to live with it. Otherwise I'd like to never see it again!

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
When I said a case would cover it, I misunderstood. I thought the light was leaking through at the very bottom.

That said, mine DOES do that, but I have to tilt the screen to see it, so it's not as severe as yours appears to be. Of course on mine it takes about thirty seconds of darkness before the lights come on at all.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am assuming that is because there are 4 LED lights instead of the normal 1 per 2 keys. Makes it brighter so you can see it. I highly doubt it is a big deal!!

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not passing any judgement on whether one should exchange a phone for such a thing. But I wonder, would VZW do it for something they might consider laughable? In other words, how willing is VZW to exchange a phone?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The issue isn't that the lights are viewable at some extreme angles. It was that they were almost always visible. Went to the store and checked the display. I had to almost put the phone vertical to see them. Showed the employee and he told me that it was bad, swapped it out without hesitation.

Might be "laughable", but it was annoying, and was a sign of a poorly set screen. New one is perfect. So maybe it was a little thing compared to other issues that exist, but it was a defect.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon_y7

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt had this problem. Which was visible even more when tilted at an angle. The og droid had this problem biiiiig time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the light leak should only be visible near the screen when the phone is extremely tilted. Yeah there is some leak near the bottom of the bezel. Once I get a proper case it'll cover that though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Most LCD phones will have light leak, just the way they're built. My OG Droid does it, my old DX did it, the Bionic did a little bit.

mwirtz

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I have it too, plus the light leaks around the bottom of the phone which goes up as high as the microusb port on both sides and all the way across the bottom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital