HTC Rezound: No FM Radio App .... :)

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I called HTC (got a valley girl for support) about no app for FM Radio. Don't ding me because FM is old!! I get out where data is not there & an FM signal means a lot when you concerned about weather .... or you want to listen to a staion that is not online! The Rezound is touted as having an FM radio .... All of my 5 Bolts had FM that just worked .... now there isn't an app that works??? Verizon was no help either ..... no app available. FM Radio was one of my concerns when buying & it's just not there. ...... anybody had any luck getting it working? I tried 3 apps 2 were in a loop after install & the other would not installl :(

Cheers & any info would be great!

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does the Rezound even have a hardware FM tuner radio? Much less an app...

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

Yes it does .... it's in the specs .... been talked about for a while. Both HTC & Verizon confirm the FM tuner is in the specs.

Cheers :)

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Yes it does .... it's in the specs .... been talked about for a while. Both HTC & Verizon confirm the FM tuner is in the specs.

What is the best way to access this feature? Is there not a tuner included in the phone apps? I am so close to upgrading to this phone, I use FM radio a lot when I am working in the yard or watching videos at the gym. So although it's an old fashioned feature, it is nice to have. If there is someone who has accessed the radio and is able to use it on the rezound, please just let me know your experiences so I can make an informed choice.

...and thanks. I really appreciate being able to ask these questions...:)

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Might have to do like Bionic and Droid 2 and 3 owners did..get the FM Radio app from a previous HTC phone.

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

So then, perhaps the FM radio from the Thunderbolt? I searched around and there was supposed to be an app from the market called "FM Radio" that worked on the Tbolt. When I rooted, I kept my FM Radio.

I hope this is helpful, if not pretty obvious. Sorry about that. :-[

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, Just pulled it from my Bolt & it does the same thing one as of the others did :( Says Installing for about 3 seconds & then says Not Installed & you can only hit done. I am sure now that the Rezound does not come with an FM Radio :( A phone that is toughted as a media phone?? There are not very many HTC phones that don't come with the phone & why would they pick this one to drop it with? I would have definitely traded my Beats headphones for the FM option anyday!!

Cheers :(

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

If you pull the system/app apk file you just drop it into your system/app on your rezound and reboot, no install necessary.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Thunderbolt was easy .... Rezound no longer gives you access to the System folder unlees you Root :(

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Have you guys tried Tune In Radio. Tremendous app in my opinion. It has a local option that then lists all local radio programs both FM and AM.

Not sure what could be any better than that. I use it quite a bit for AM shows when on the road. Works great for FM as well.:cool:

Reactions: tx_tuff

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

That is Internet Radio .... the stations I want are not on the internet!! Also FM Radio RDS works like a real radio .... just FM Radio signal .... no data connection required!! Like I have said earlier, I don't think this new premium Rezound has an FM tuner :(

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

if you go to verizons site and look at the music section of the rezound you do not see a fm tuner if you go to the x2 you see fm tuner under music... Easy as pie to figure out

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Verizon didn't say anything about FM for the Thunderbolt either! Now VZ website is not working correctly. Everything you select takes you to deal central :( Finally got to a specs page ..... yesterday Thunderbolt didn't say FM Radio on it .... really.

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

hi. New userr/first post.
Current Palm Pre+ user considering the Rezound.
I didn't even see the FM radio spec until you brought it up. Or it didn't register when checking out all the other cool features of tis device.

have you tried checking for the tuner in /dev
I don't know what it might be named, maybe you can compare with your TB.

have you considered contacting HTC?

I can't think of any reason for VZW to want you to not have it (other than a simple desire to be in control).

hope this gives you some ideas. Looking forward to making the switch (actually, I'm quite disgruntled with the way HP has handled, oh, EVERYTHING! WebOS had grreat potential but they fuxored it. Android is the only other option for me.)

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

hi. New userr/first post.
Current Palm Pre+ user considering the Rezound.
I didn't even see the FM radio spec until you brought it up. Or it didn't register when checking out all the other cool features of tis device.

have you tried checking for the tuner in /dev
I don't know what it might be named, maybe you can compare with your TB.

have you considered contacting HTC?

I can't think of any reason for VZW to want you to not have it (other than a simple desire to be in control).

hope this gives you some ideas. Looking forward to making the switch (actually, I'm quite disgruntled with the way HP has handled, oh, EVERYTHING! WebOS had grreat potential but they fuxored it. Android is the only other option for me.)

For the same reason that Sprint didn't want wifi on the Pixi. Because they can...

On a more serious note it could be because of the LTE radio. I'm not sure if the European Rezounds are running LTE but if they arent the FM radio might of had to go to allow the LTE radio to be installed due to space constriants

Last edited: