HTC Rezound: No FM Radio App .... :)

Ruvort

May 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you "grab" an app. from a different phone?

If its rooted its as easy as using a file explorer and going to your system folders and copying the app and pasting it to your sdcard.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk
j8t1uvaAWRgTE.png

MyColorScreen

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: No FM Radio App .... :)

If its rooted its as easy as using a file explorer and going to your system folders and copying the app and pasting it to your sdcard.

Yes, it would be under /system/app .

But sometimes there is an associated "FM Service" APK, and if there are *.odex files, then you'll need those, and everything under /system/framework in order to "DeOdex" the APKs so they can be used on another device.

And sometimes there might be an APK or JAR file needed from /system/framework.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

My old Droid X had an FM radio app, so if anyone has a rooted one sitting around... (mine is gone)

I declare, herecy. I would not besmirch the Rezounds good name by bestowing some kind of Moto crap on this phone. To many tears were shed during my time with the DX1 & DX2.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I declare, herecy. I would not besmirch the Rezounds good name by bestowing some kind of Moto crap on this phone. To many tears were shed during my time with the DX1 & DX2.

I don't know...my last Motorola never gave me a bit of trouble...

StarTAC.jpg

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

It wouldn't work anyway. Different hardware. If it were that easy, guys like Newt and Joelz wouldn't be working on the app trying to get it to work.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to scare you! You are correct, maybe that app would infect the Rezound with that bad moto mojo.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I know but things being the way they are, I had to make sure people understood the reality of it. Especially given the way rumors start around here.

Uh-oh... reality police. No rumors - where's the fun in that? LOL

Unfortunately though, you're right....

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So you want an FM radio app. Not an FM radio app. Now I understand. How stupid of me not knowing the difference between an app & an app.

Fm radio does not require data or wifi....Tunein radio does...FM Radio was my fav for my reasons...now I use TuneIn radio because I have no other choice...no data...no WiFi...no radio...u get it now!?

I got some Ice Cream! I got some Ice Cream!

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

any chance that with the ICS upgrade there will be a chance for FM Radio to work?

yes, this is a zombie thread

Only if the ICS has magic capabilities to connect the chip FM antenna pins somewhere useful.

(As always, there is always some IMO slim chance I'm wrong and somebody finds some software cure. But I'm not going to waste my time looking for this on the over 50% of Android phones that don't appear to have usable FM capability.)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hi. New userr/first post.
Current Palm Pre+ user considering the Rezound.
I didn't even see the FM radio spec until you brought it up. Or it didn't register when checking out all the other cool features of tis device.

have you tried checking for the tuner in /dev
I don't know what it might be named, maybe you can compare with your TB.

have you considered contacting HTC?

I can't think of any reason for VZW to want you to not have it (other than a simple desire to be in control).

hope this gives you some ideas. Looking forward to making the switch (actually, I'm quite disgruntled with the way HP has handled, oh, EVERYTHING! WebOS had grreat potential but they fuxored it. Android is the only other option for me.)

So this is where it all began huh.....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
any chance that with the ICS upgrade there will be a chance for FM Radio to work?

yes, this is a zombie thread

Dang it if you don't know how to stir the pot Jerry!

No true FM radio for the Rezound. If you thought the S-off wire trick was precarious then definitely won't be getting FM radio. Incidentally how good are you with a soldering iron lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

JamesWolfpacker

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Is there any new news on this issue? I had an HTC Thunderbolt that is just about done for and I did an insurance claim on it. They said they could send me an HTC Rezound. I heavily used the FM Tuner on the Thunderbolt to conserve battery power. I used TuneIn and IHeartRadio also, but they drain battery quickly, even the extended battery. I don't really care about data, b/c I'll keep unlimited data. The other issue is that I won't be able to receive local sports broadcasts on TuneIn or IHeart. Of course, this is great when my rival team is playing on my favorite talk station, I get to hear the talk shows from earlier in the day... NO COMMERCIALS! :)

Has anyone found any way to re-enable the FM tuner on the Rezound?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Is there any new news on this issue? I had an HTC Thunderbolt that is just about done for and I did an insurance claim on it. They said they could send me an HTC Rezound. I heavily used the FM Tuner on the Thunderbolt to conserve battery power. I used TuneIn and IHeartRadio also, but they drain battery quickly, even the extended battery. I don't really care about data, b/c I'll keep unlimited data. The other issue is that I won't be able to receive local sports broadcasts on TuneIn or IHeart. Of course, this is great when my rival team is playing on my favorite talk station, I get to hear the talk shows from earlier in the day... NO COMMERCIALS! :)

Has anyone found any way to re-enable the FM tuner on the Rezound?
Honestly, no... and most cell phones going forward do not, and will not, have an FM tuner. Sorry.

JamesWolfpacker

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

From what I've read most phones have the FM capability on the chip that accesses wifi and bluetooth, it's just not "hooked up". Verizon is notorious for neutering the capabilities of phones. There is a thread on Verizon's forum about them doing this to HTC phones.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

From what I've read most phones have the FM capability on the chip that accesses wifi and bluetooth, it's just not "hooked up". Verizon is notorious for neutering the capabilities of phones. There is a thread on Verizon's forum about them doing this to HTC phones.

I understood your original post, you asked if this had been resolved, worked around, or otherwise gotten it working... My answer is still the same, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante