Static when using headset

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else hear static when using headphones on the Rezound? It's more like a buzzing sound. I've tried different headphones and get the same buzzing. BTW, I haven't tried the Beats headphone yet because I might want to exchange this phone for Nexus when it comes out, although I suspect I'd still hear the buzzing with it.

droidbuddy

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Rezound last weekend and I'm hearing the same static noise when I listen to music. I've tried both the Beats headphones, and another pair that I've had for awhile.

I'm not happy with the audio quality.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe its created by the radio sending/receiving. Mine does thus too sometimes. Im going to either exchange mine this weekend since the plastic around the USB connector rattles when the phone vibrates or just plain return it.

I love the phone but I can live with the Thunderbolt until the Nexus is released then decide.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
That seems like one hell of a deal breaker for a phone that is pushing Beats!

By the way I am hearing that restocking is $135 instead of $35 because they are not taking the headphones back, anybody know if this is true?

MxChino#AC

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else hear static when using headphones on the Rezound? It's more like a buzzing sound. I've tried different headphones and get the same buzzing. BTW, I haven't tried the Beats headphone yet because I might want to exchange this phone for Nexus when it comes out, although I suspect I'd still hear the buzzing with it.

An easy fix for this is getting an in-line volume control, you can get them at radio shack, its just a dongle that you plug into the headphone jack that has a volume knob on it then you plug your head phones in to it. Its a bit out of my expertise to try and explain how it works, but it has to do with the ohm impedance on the head phones and how much power the phones amp pushes out. Give it a shot, it works.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. If they're pushing the phone as an audio platform, there should be NO noise.

I do hear audible crap over the audio line while plugged into my truck audio system, but only when beats isn't running. The second I fire up any kind of audio, all noise goes away, and the phone works as advertised.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I assume that max output causes distortion. I've always turned down the volume one notch. This is a known issue with HTC Phones you would think that it would be fixed by now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar