Does PdaNet work on the Rezound?

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon cannot track data from PDANet easily. There is also an option to strip user info from data call requests, but I see no reason for it. I use 5-8GB/month through USB tether alone

rageboardr

May 10, 2012
Visit site
what about FoxFi working with HTC phones on ICS. New in the description is that it will work with ICS on HTC, but i cant seem to get it to work yet. i am on the first ICS leak for the Rezound. anyone have better luck?

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I used FoxFi briefly on my ICS Rezound and it seemed to worked okay. I was using it to connect to my Transformer tablet. I loaded PDANet for Tablets on my Transformer, loaded PDANet and FoxFi on my phone and connect the two. It worked but it was a slow connection.

I was on ICS build 3.14.605.5.

rageboardr

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I used FoxFi briefly on my ICS Rezound and it seemed to worked okay. I was using it to connect to my Transformer tablet. I loaded PDANet for Tablets on my Transformer, loaded PDANet and FoxFi on my phone and connect the two. It worked but it was a slow connection.

I was on ICS build 3.14.605.5.

Were you using Wifi or Bluetooth to connect to your tablet. I am trying to connect to my Laptop, and don't have bluetooth.
Also why did you need to install PDANet on your tablet? Does the tablet not work like a laptop in that you just search for available wireless network connection?
I have PDAnet on my laptop, but it only works when the USB is plugged in. When i search for networks, I can connect to FixFi, but it says there is no network access.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Pdanet works on the Rezound. Wireless Tethering to work on the Rezound requires root and custom Rom. HTC has a block on after market wireless tethering. PdaNet works fantastic. I have a stock rom, not rooted and use it only when needed. I don't abuse this application. I have a retractable usb wire that I use for tethering and get fantastic results. I bought the paid version and it's well worth it.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify, yes you need to be rooted to use the Rezound as a WiFi hotspot, but you do not need a custom Rom. I am rooted but otherwise stock, I use an app called WiFi Tether and it works great!

The only thing that I'd like to work better on the WiFi app is I wish it could utilize the full speed of my 4g. My phone can be pulling ion 50mbps download from the tower, but it will only pump out maybe 10mbps on WiFi tethering. Maybe a little faster, I don't recall, but it was nowhere near 4g I was receiving. I don't know if even the actual Verizon hotspot app will do it.

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
PDAnet works GREAT with the Rezound! I'm typing now by using PdaNet as my tether! No problems and good speeds! No need at all for rooting! Enjoy the phone!:D