I am attaching two screenshots. The first is of my phone that makes me crop the wallpaper to more of a square that does not expand out to the phone's screen. It doesn't make sense that it would do this.

The other is a screen shot of my girlfriend's phone where the wallpaper crop box is more of a rectangle that exapnds to match the screen's dimensions.

Any apps or settings that I don't know about?
    11-22-2011 07:49 PM
    I don't understand this either. Anyone have any ideas? The phone forces us to crop beautiful 720x1280 images and when applied as a background, makes them look pretty crappy and zoomed in on. This used to make sense (no pun intended), as in old versions of Sense, scrolling from screen to screen would actually be moving to a different portion of the background photo. But now, since everything is in 3D, the background actually stays the same and never changes. Why wouldn't we be able to place a nice HD photo in its native format in the background?
    11-22-2011 08:37 PM
    I don't understand this either. Anyone have any ideas? The phone forces us to crop beautiful 720x1280 images and when applied as a background, makes them look pretty crappy and zoomed in on. This used to make sense (no pun intended), as in old versions of Sense, scrolling from screen to screen would actually be moving to a different portion of the background photo. But now, since everything is in 3D, the background actually stays the same and never changes. Why wouldn't we be able to place a nice HD photo in its native format in the background?
    Could be they are using the wide screen format even in portrait mode.A LCD TV would be listed as 1280X 720
    11-23-2011 04:53 PM
    This is also bothering me, I'v looked all over and can't find anything that helps. I'll let you know if I find something.
    11-24-2011 11:30 AM
    Have you tried using Wallpaper Wizardrii?
    Ezduzit likes this.
    11-24-2011 02:55 PM
    Have you tried using Wallpaper Wizardrii?
    That worked thanks! In the app click "fit display."
    11-26-2011 09:11 PM
    The wallpaper has to be 1280 x 1440. Can't remember the explanation for it, but it is the 720 x 2 for the horizontal dimension. Good luck.
    11-26-2011 10:45 PM
    Where is 'fit display'
    03-21-2014 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD