the application people process com.android.htccontacts

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Click on the search capacitive button.

Press on the Google icon for a drop down menu.

To the top right of the menu is a little settings icon. Click that.

This brings you to the "Searchable items" menu. Place a check mark next to "People".

Press Home button. Now press the Search capacitive button.

Type in any contact name and click on them when they appear in the search results.

I am greeted by " Sorry! The application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again."

Please let me know if this happens to you as well. If not, then I will have to do a hard reset. Thank you.

georgekn3mp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Same error..stock ROM..nothing running in Task Manager *except hidden apps* I did notice it does add a 4th icon for "people" in settings afterward. Removing the People setting does revert ok...and brings up Google Search ok.

Reactions: karn101

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just got the same thing. Did you temp root and freeze any bloat?

No, I did not.

Same error..stock ROM..nothing running in Task Manager *except hidden apps* I did notice it does add a 4th icon for "people" in settings afterward. Removing the People setting does revert ok...and brings up Google Search ok.

Hmm. Going to look up a way to submit this to HTC or Verizon support. Though I doubt it will go far as I'm sure HTC is already working on ICS for the Rezound.

enithin

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Click on the search capacitive button.

Press on the Google icon for a drop down menu.

To the top right of the menu is a little settings icon. Click that.

This brings you to the "Searchable items" menu. Place a check mark next to "People".

Press Home button. Now press the Search capacitive button.

Type in any contact name and click on them when they appear in the search results.

I am greeted by " Sorry! The application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again."

Please let me know if this happens to you as well. If not, then I will have to do a hard reset. Thank you.

How will I reset ??

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This is an 8 month old thread. This is not a problem that was fixed with a factory reset. It is a problem that was solved by not doing that anymore(or upgrading to ICS)

Chim chima

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey their , I've tried all of these already and still having the same problem, can't open my contact list, I need your help what should I do ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer