Battery life

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I seem to be getting worse battery life on my Rezound than I did on my Thunderbolt. I've got the screen set to auto, 4g is on as I'm in a a 4g area, wifi is on only when at home and I'm at ~40% after 7hrs 57minutes. I only have my Google account set to sync, weather updates every 3 hours, and sync is turned off on all my other apps. Thoughts? I cannot wait until we get s-off, this thing is getting rooted and romed asap lol

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't even have my Rez yet (on it's way via UPS) but what I would try just to see if you can get over the 8 hr hump is take it off of auto and set screen brightness @ 50 if you can still read it. Screen and 4G radio are the real battery drainers.
Postoid

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I can read it, however it's a bit of a hassle when I go from say inside to outside and my screen becomes unreadable because it's not bright enough. I'll likely end up just picking up the extended battery, but it seemed a bit odd.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I seem to be getting worse battery life on my Rezound than I did on my Thunderbolt. I've got the screen set to auto, 4g is on as I'm in a a 4g area, wifi is on only when at home and I'm at ~40% after 7hrs 57minutes. I only have my Google account set to sync, weather updates every 3 hours, and sync is turned off on all my other apps. Thoughts? I cannot wait until we get s-off, this thing is getting rooted and romed asap lol
The Rezound is definitely a battery pig and if it wasn't for its performance I would return it. Hopefully HTC puts out a update to help with the excessive battery drain on this phone soon. I purchased the portable charger I don't want the extra bulk of a extended battery and the problem of trying to find a case for it. I had the Razr prior to the rezound and by far it is a superior device in all areas.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The Rezound is definitely a battery pig and if it wasn't for its performance I would return it. Hopefully HTC puts out a update to help with the excessive battery drain on this phone soon. I purchased the portable charger I don't want the extra bulk of a extended battery and the problem of trying to find a case for it. I had the Razr prior to the rezound and by far it is a superior device in all areas.

I gave up on Motorola after the OG Droid. HTC makes a far better device, there's something running that drains it i'm not sure why HTC can't either put better batteries in or figure out what the real drain is.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I got my Rezound a few days ago and made some quick adjustments. With light use, I was able to make the battery last 2 straight days until it hit 18% and I had to charge.
- Set Vcast Media syncing to the longest time option, and then uninstall updates so that the app won't be able to run until you install the updates. Uninstall updates for any bloat apps you're not using, this keeps them from starting up on their own (at least in my experience.)
- Set the Network toggle widget on your screen. Turn it off when you're not on your phone, and on when you are. This will save you a serious amount of juice, trust me.
- Delete some home screens and widgets you're not using. They take up resources and further drain the battery.
It may seem like obvious tips that only help in a small way, but added together, they really help save my battery. I get about the same usage time from my 4G Rezound that I got on my 3G OG Droid, so it's not too bad.

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys can conserve all the life you want, my phone + standard spare charged battery = not a single thought about conservation. When i get a phone, i use it the way i want. This battery will not be the boss of me!

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You guys can conserve all the life you want, my phone + standard spare charged battery = not a single thought about conservation. When i get a phone, i use it the way i want. This battery will not be the boss of me!

I agree, I set it up the way I want. I will either keep a charger on me invest in an extended battery. I think the current extended battery is way to huge and hope they come up with one I.between standard and the current extended. But I like the current size so I may just keep a charger around. Though I have to say I get great battery life.

Sent from my Rezound

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is really in the eye of the beholder. If you're coming from the Incredible, the Rezound's battery life is not a shocker. The extended battery does help some, but it won't be enough for some.
With a phone this busy and the capable, it really comes down to perspective. This is a monster of a phone, and as such, it's gonna drain a battery accordingly.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mountbkr

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody with the Rezound currently, had a Bionic? I would like to hear the comparison between the Bionic and the Rezound in regards to battery life.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody with the Rezound currently, had a Bionic? I would like to hear the comparison between the Bionic and the Rezound in regards to battery life.

My sister has a Bionic, I have a Rezound.
I played with her phone a bunch of times and noticed the battery was more or less the same. If anything, her Bionic would drain slightly faster, but she has background data and auto sync turned on, and I keep those off in order to conserve battery. With 4G phones, all battery times tend to fall in line, except for the Thunderbolt, which had major issues to begin with.
If battery life is the decision point for you, don't let it be. You're gonna get about the same amount with either phone.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure what people expect. 8 hours of use (heavy, moderate what?) and still at 40% (about) while on 4g.

If you did nothing with the phone but let it sit that would be terrible. If you make calls, surf the net, play some games then that's fantastic.

I have a charger with me all the time for my truck, my harley, work, home, wifes car, motorboat and computer. And since the chargers for phones now are minimicro-USB you can buy one at any gas station or grocery store these days (at least in the US) for $15 max in a pinch. Or you can borrow almost anybody's at the local pub/restaurant/bowling alley.

If you happen to be going out into the deep woods hunting for 3 days this might be a problem ONLY if you were walking. But I suspect even then you'd have a truck, RV, ATV that you could plug into. So the battery thing is a big -MEH-.

Dude, chill out with it :cool:. Go to Starbucks, get a latte, plug you're damn phone in and surf for awhile at 4G speed. :D

Last edited:

mountbkr

May 11, 2011
Visit site
With 4G phones, all battery times tend to fall in line, except for the Thunderbolt, which had major issues to begin with.
If battery life is the decision point for you, don't let it be. You're gonna get about the same amount with either phone.

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm currently using a Bionic, coming from a Thunderbolt. I can appreciate the short battery life compared to the BB i was using before these phones. I will be getting a Rezound as soon as our company gets some small issue with Touchdown worked out.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what people expect. 8 hours of use (heavy, moderate what?) and still at 40% (about) while on 4g.

If you did nothing with the phone but let it sit that would be terrible. If you make calls, surf the net, play some games then that's fantastic.

I have a charger with me all the time for my truck, my harley, work, home, wifes car, motorboat. And since the chargers for phones now are mini-USB you can buy one at any gas station or grocery store these days (at least in the US) for $15 max in a pinch. Or you can borrow almost anybody's at the local pub/restaurant/bowling alley.

If you happen to be going out into the deep woods hunting for 3 days this might be a problem ONLY if you were walking. But I suspect even then you'd have a truck, RV, ATV that you could plug into. So the battery thing is a big -MEH-.

Dude, chill out with it :cool:. Go to Starbucks, get a latte, plug you're damn phone in and surf for awhile at 4G speed. :D

Chargers for phones are MICRO-USB. :p

Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm currently using a Bionic, coming from a Thunderbolt. I can appreciate the short battery life compared to the BB i was using before these phones. I will be getting a Rezound as soon as our company gets some small issue with Touchdown worked out.

You're gonna love the Rezound. The Bionic's screen and camera don't even begin to compete with what HTC put in this phone. I came from an OG Droid and my mind was pretty much blown.
If battery concerns you, check out the extended battery. It's a little ugly and bulky, but it nearly doubles life.

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is really in the eye of the beholder. If you're coming from the Incredible, the Rezound's battery life is not a shocker. The extended battery does help some, but it won't be enough for some.
With a phone this busy and the capable, it really comes down to perspective. This is a monster of a phone, and as such, it's gonna drain a battery accordingly.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Maybe this is it because I am absolutely thrilled with the Rezound's battery. I came from the Fascinate which had a f****d up battery (about 3 hours of moderate use, I would guess). But. the Rezound is giving me 10+ hours.

This could also be because apparently, I'm not getting 4G at all anymore. I had 4G the first day or two, but then I noticed I NEVER get 4G anymore. Last night, I was sitting next to my mom who had 4G signal on her Thunderbolt, but I only had 3G. What's the deal?? I heard someone say to put it into airplane mode then take it out of that mode. I've done that a few times. Doesn't help.

Anyone?

-mcskipp

Nerelda

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone at 50% brightness, LTE turned off (I'm in a 3g only area), and 3 google accounts all on autosync. Yesterday I went 7 hrs of light usage and still have 75% battery life. Today I'm already going on 6+ hrs of medium usage and still have 53% battery life.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I buy a smart phone to USE it, not to dumb it down to conserve the battery - I carry a spare battery for my TB -- I just bought the Rezound standard 1620mAh for my TB, if it gives me an extra 20% of usage time I may get another one and sell my standard TB batteries.

Battery technology is still sadly lagging behind these power hungry phones - What ever company comes up with supper powered compact batteries will be the next "Apple" or "Microsoft" of the 21st century.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084