MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed the memo but I just (randomly) found out that we have VoLTE on the Rezound. I love it. Now I can finally slap around the AT&T people that have been doing it for a while now. Verizon's service just got that much better in my eye.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I missed the memo but I just (randomly) found out that we have VoLTE on the Rezound. I love it. Now I can finally slap around the AT&T people that have been doing it for a while now. Verizon's service just got that much better in my eye.

Hmm everything I've read says that wasn't to happen until next year, at least universally. Perhaps the implementation has been completed in some areas.

Can anyone confirm this from a source that isn't "my buddies, best friends, plumbers, neighbors, mailmans ex-girlfriends, dog groomer....."???

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I was just on my phone not 10 minutes ago playing around on my XDA app. So far it's only worked on 4G but if I ever run into another 3G area I'll test that too. The Philadelphia area is blanketed in 4G goodness.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, don't think it works everywhere, but I could be wrong. Earlier this year, around summer there were articles and such that quoted VZ, stating that they were NOT going to do LTE/CDMA voice handoffs, and that VoLTE would not be implemented over the entire network until mid-late 2012.

Hadn't heard or read of any updates to that, but will be nice if it's so. My contract is up in 10 days for my discount, so Christmas will be early and Rezounding with JOY!

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Talk and browse works while you are in a 4G/LTE coverage. Only VZW that can talk & browse is the Thunderbolt on 3G.

The LG Revolution has VoLTE built-in but it is not working on VZW side, yet. Heard mid next year is when they are turning on Voice/VideoLTE.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that I can use VoLTE...although I thought this was standard for CDMA networks because you could do this over Wimax on Sprint but not on 3G. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I just did a test and was able to talk and surf on both 3G and 4G. I also sent a txt message and it worked. And yes, wireless was disabled.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
No, it is not a CDMA feature to talk & browse at the same time. It looks like the Rezound has the same 3G radio as the Thunderbolt.

Since Sprint uses WiMax as their 4G, I would say that talking is done on either the 2G or 3G radio and browsing on WiMax.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
No, it is not a CDMA feature to talk & browse at the same time. It looks like the Rezound has the same 3G radio as the Thunderbolt.

Since Sprint uses WiMax as their 4G, I would say that talking is done on either the 2G or 3G radio and browsing on WiMax.

I meant...I thought it was standard that you would be able to use data on the 4G spectrum from CDMA phones. Meaning Sprint and Verizon acted the same except swap Wimax for LTE.

kalbri

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Um, that's not VOLTE. It's SVDO or SVLTE, depending on if you are on the 3G or 4G network. VOLTE is VOICE over LTE and that has not been launched yet by Verizon and even when it is, it is not supported by the Rezound.

SVDO is very cool though as it allows you to use the internet on 3G while on a phone call (like AT&T brags of). Only the Thunderbolt and the Rezound can do this, as far as I know. ALL 4G phones can use 4G and talk at the same time though. It is the ability to do this on 3G that is unique on the Rezound and Thunderbolt.

kalbri

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Talk and browse works while you are in a 4G/LTE coverage. Only VZW that can talk & browse is the Thunderbolt on 3G.

The LG Revolution has VoLTE built-in but it is not working on VZW side, yet. Heard mid next year is when they are turning on Voice/VideoLTE.

+1

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Um, that's not VOLTE. It's SVDO or SVLTE, depending on if you are on the 3G or 4G network. VOLTE is VOICE over LTE and that has not been launched yet by Verizon and even when it is, it is not supported by the Rezound.

SVDO is very cool though as it allows you to use the internet on 3G while on a phone call (like AT&T brags of). Only the Thunderbolt and the Rezound can do this, as far as I know. ALL 4G phones can use 4G and talk at the same time though. It is the ability to do this on 3G that is unique on the Rezound and Thunderbolt.

When you go into this menu *#*#4636#*#* and go to the phone info, you can change the radio to LTE with voice. That doesn't mean it actually works, because there is a bunch of gsm settings in there. But it is interesting it's in that menu with no implementation in the real world yet.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

This.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

kalbri

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
When you go into this menu *#*#4636#*#* and go to the phone info, you can change the radio to LTE with voice. That doesn't mean it actually works, because there is a bunch of gsm settings in there. But it is interesting it's in that menu with no implementation in the real world yet.

Hmm. That is interesting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03