Do you get 4g?

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So I love 4g, I get it in town, and I can get it in my driveway, but not in the house, well actually if I put my phone in 1 spot I get 2 bars. i was just wondering if (when) the Rezound gets rooted, and roms get placed on it, if 4g will increase? Or am I just making this stuff up? Is there anything else I can do to get 4g better?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it. This phone has some ridiculous reception (in my case at least). Some people swear that changing the radio all the time, they get better reception. From what I understand, the radio (in android root speak) is just a place where base phone function are stored, and that the rom on top can't mess with. IE, the cell network, wifi, and other things that are smarter than me. A lot of things affect radio signals, and just sometimes, your SOL, if you have no 4G signal, you just don't have it.

On a semi-side note, the antenna in the battery door is genius.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am covered in town, but where i live its very sporadic. Maybe they will keep increasing coverage here so i can get it. Also when I use an app called opensignal and it finds what tower Im working off of, it doesnt use the tower about 3 miles away, it uses one that is 15 lol.

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
You need to be reporting the lack of 4g to vzw. You could be in a dead spot they don't know about.

Philadelphia's 4g coverage is pretty good... Till I go into North Philly. Then 4g gets sporadic in areas and I KNOW its not my phone. Because my Droid Charge had issues in those areas and my Xoom does have issues in those areas.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Vyza

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing a weird situation in that my phone hardly has a 4G connection while handling it, but it will usually switch to (and maintain) a decent 4G connection while tethering it to my laptop and/or enabling the mobile hotspot.

I live about a mile within Verizon's 4G map boundary and am considering purchasing a signal booster for my home to improve 4G reception.

Does anyone experience similar behavior?

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Vyza I have experienced the same thing, If I sit the phone on my bed it'll get 2 bars, as soon as I pick it up it drops. If you do get a booster (i'm assuming you'll go with a Wilson) let us know how it works. Seems like a very expensive way to go to get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci