I would like to purchase a rezound. Someone please help me

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. When i log into the vzw site it tells me that I am "Eligible for a discount!". If i hover over the ? next to that text it says "You are eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing. If you upgrade on or after 1/10/12 you are eligible to receive an additional loyalty discount." If i click the link to upgrade my device and then click on the rezound which would normally be $299, i see a price of $249 so it appears i currently have a $50 discount being applied. I guess that makes sense. Unless I visit a verizon store or call vzw sales in which case they both tell me I have no discount available until 1/10/12 and if I want the phone now I have to pay $299. Why does the website state I have an upgrade that they deny in person or on the phone? I dont get it.

So i figure ok i'll just buy it through the website then. But when i add the phone to my cart, it tells me my current unlimited data plan is not compatible with the phone and I have to select a different one. Which would then get rid of my unlimited data I assume.

Has anyone ordered theirs through the website? If so, how did you do it to keep your unlimited data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. When i log into the vzw site it tells me that I am "Eligible for a discount!". If i hover over the ? next to that text it says "You are eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing. If you upgrade on or after 1/10/12 you are eligible to receive an additional loyalty discount." If i click the link to upgrade my device and then click on the rezound which would normally be $299, i see a price of $249 so it appears i currently have a $50 discount being applied. I guess that makes sense. Unless I visit a verizon store or call vzw sales in which case they both tell me I have no discount available until 1/10/12 and if I want the phone now I have to pay $299. Why does the website state I have an upgrade that they deny in person or on the phone? I dont get it.

So i figure ok i'll just buy it through the website then. But when i add the phone to my cart, it tells me my current unlimited data plan is not compatible with the phone and I have to select a different one. Which would then get rid of my unlimited data I assume.

Has anyone ordered theirs through the website? If so, how did you do it to keep your unlimited data?

I bought the phone via upgrade for $50, but from a third party. I assume that you are buying directly from Verizon. $299 is the standard upgrade price from them. You may be able to get discounts online that are not available in store or over the phone. You may also qualify for an employer discount. Finally, the loyalty discount is probably new every two discount, you have to be out of contract to qualify for that, I believe.

If you order on Verizon website, you can use unlimited data, you will have to call in to activate and tell them you want to keep unlimited data. I upgraded and was able to keep unlimited data even though when I ordered, it did not give me the option for unlimited.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you tell the people in store that you have a discount or get the web pricing of $249 they should match it. If all else fails just order it online.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Order online. VZW.com has a better track of your eligibility and discounts than the sales people do on their own computers. They tried to tell me that my upgrade was not due until March 2012, but my VZW account said I was eligible for upgrade with a discount, which was my last NE2 $50 discount.
Oh, and it seems to have you eligible for an upgrade on the 20 month date online, while in-store employees stick to the 24-month date for some reason.
Order before 3pm and get UPS Next Day AM, you'll have the phone in less than 24 hours.

Reactions: vxaxv17

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Order online. VZW.com has a better track of your eligibility and discounts than the sales people do on their own computers. They tried to tell me that my upgrade was not due until March 2012, but my VZW account said I was eligible for upgrade with a discount, which was my last NE2 $50 discount.
Oh, and it seems to have you eligible for an upgrade on the 20 month date online, while in-store employees stick to the 24-month date for some reason.
Order before 3pm and get UPS Next Day AM, you'll have the phone in less than 24 hours.
I think I was 15 months into my 2 year contract, and the store allowed me to upgrade, but required 2 years contact, while online allowed me a one year contract when one year contracts were still offered.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. It does look like the january date is the 20month period but I just couldnt figure out why i had an upgrade available now which is only about 18 months in. I totally forgot I had an old ne2 upgrade available before they did away with them so that explains it I guess. Its odd that the verizon stores and telephone sales dont seem to acknowledge the ne2 discount while the website does. I'll probably just order through the website and call ahead when I activate the phone to make sure I keep my unlimited data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. It does look like the january date is the 20month period but I just couldnt figure out why i had an upgrade available now which is only about 18 months in. I totally forgot I had an old ne2 upgrade available before they did away with them so that explains it I guess. Its odd that the verizon stores and telephone sales dont seem to acknowledge the ne2 discount while the website does. I'll probably just order through the website and call ahead when I activate the phone to make sure I keep my unlimited data.

could be the annual upgrade.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I tried to order today online, shows my discount, but when I went to checkout I had no option to have it bill to my account, even with $175 credit. It was requiring a credit card. I don't want to use a CC and pay interest on $249 when I have $175 credit with VZ.

Crazy. I canceled the order.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried to order today online, shows my discount, but when I went to checkout I had no option to have it bill to my account, even with $175 credit. It was requiring a credit card. I don't want to use a CC and pay interest on $249 when I have $175 credit with VZ.

Crazy. I canceled the order.

Assuming you're logged into your account, there should be one of those circular "+" buttons somewhere along the payment options.
Click on it to expand the list, and the option to bill to your account should appear. Verizon loves using those drop down buttons, even in their opt-out privacy sections, so it makes it easier for people to miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12