I got the Living Social $50 gift card for $25 deal. I'm not sure how to spend it. People here talked me out of the wireless charging setup because of the cost (i would have paid the difference), so I'm considering the extended battery. I'm not overly excited about it because I'm getting very nice mileage out of the standard battery and I don't see myself liking the extra bulk for daily use. It would end up being put away for a rare occasion when I have to be unable to charge for an unusual amount of time. With two small kids, that's not a frequent scenario! Of course a couple of spare standard batteries are a possibility, but I'm wondering if there's any gem of an accessory that I'm not aware of. And, yes, I already have a case. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 11:46 AM
    I got the Living Social $50 gift card for $25 deal. I'm not sure how to spend it. People here talked me out of the wireless charging setup because of the cost (i would have paid the difference), so I'm considering the extended battery. I'm not overly excited about it because I'm getting very nice mileage out of the standard battery and I don't see myself liking the extra bulk for daily use. It would end up being put away for a rare occasion when I have to be unable to charge for an unusual amount of time. With two small kids, that's not a frequent scenario! Of course a couple of spare standard batteries are a possibility, but I'm wondering if there's any gem of an accessory that I'm not aware of. And, yes, I already have a case. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    If you want an extended battery, give it some time. First they're out of stock(online) second if most of the people(like myself) that hit the battery jackpot get our $5 batteries then I'm sure you'll see plenty for sale soon. Maybe grab a dock, or a quality bluetooth.
    12-06-2011 11:54 AM
    I just bought the GPS dock for it yesterday and really like it.Besides that I'd just hold out. Does the coupon have an expiration?
    12-06-2011 12:08 PM
    I use my rebate's to go towards my bill but with a gift card I dont know, if you want any accessories buy one.
    12-06-2011 12:09 PM
    If I were you, I'd probably get a standard battery and a battery only charger.
    I can imagine how convenient it would be to just swap out batteries, leave the dead one to charge, and get on with your day.
    12-06-2011 12:31 PM
    Return the rezound and get something that doesn't have a locked bootloader
    12-06-2011 12:38 PM
    Return the rezound and get something that doesn't have a locked bootloader
    Which phones on Verizon don't have a locked bootloader from the factory?
    12-06-2011 12:49 PM
    I apologize for being unclear but it appears that Rezound has an encrypted bootloader like Moto. I was very close to getting one this week because I preferred the look and feel of the phone along with the removable SD. This news just sealed the deal for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1365654&page=8
    12-06-2011 12:51 PM
    I apologize for being unclear but it appears that Rezound has an encrypted bootloader like Moto. I was very close to getting one this week because I preferred the look and feel of the phone along with the removable SD. This news just sealed the deal for me.

The Root Thread: Currently S-ON and Temp Root - Page 8 - xda-developers
    Go troll elsewhere.
    There's never been an unlocked bootloader on Verizon, ever. Suddenly there might be a phone that has it, and it turns into "OMG I needz teh unlocked bootloedr!!" The same with the NFC chip. How many NFC chips have you used? Oh that's right, none. How many have been on your phones? Zilch.
    How many custom kernels have you installed? Oh, you're on Verizon, so none.
    Seriously, stop this. Apple sheep have infiltrated the Android world.

If you can't wait for the devs to crack this nut open, then you're a fool. Stop acting like this phone already has 30 roms available for it and we need custom kernels immediately. You can install custom roms even with a locked bootloader. Incredible, isn't it?
    hickeyjones and Ezduzit like this.
    12-06-2011 01:21 PM
    Ehhh I've never had a phone that is "unlocked" this is my first droid phone,do I know what I'm missing? No not really. Do I care if they unlock it, yes becuase I want wifi tether. that doesnt mean I'm going to return my phone if they never get it. I like the phone and like the price I paid for it ($50). I think the dev's will get it eventually, but if they dont, Thank You for trying.
    12-06-2011 01:38 PM
    Ehhh I've never had a phone that is "unlocked" this is my first droid phone,do I know what I'm missing? No not really. Do I care if they unlock it, yes becuase I want wifi tether. that doesnt mean I'm going to return my phone if they never get it. I like the phone and like the price I paid for it ($50). I think the dev's will get it eventually, but if they dont, Thank You for trying.
    wifi tether works just fine with the temp root, but once you lose temp root, you lose wifi tether capability.
    12-06-2011 01:48 PM
    I picked up a otterrbox cover just becuase i drop my phone all the time I best deal for $25.00
    12-06-2011 02:39 PM
    I picked up a otterrbox cover just becuase i drop my phone all the time I best deal for $25.00
    Which Otterbox did you get? Was it online or on the store?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 02:52 PM
    Go troll elsewhere.
    There's never been an unlocked bootloader on Verizon, ever. Suddenly there might be a phone that has it, and it turns into "OMG I needz teh unlocked bootloedr!!" The same with the NFC chip. How many NFC chips have you used? Oh that's right, none. How many have been on your phones? Zilch.
    How many custom kernels have you installed? Oh, you're on Verizon, so none.
    Seriously, stop this. Apple sheep have infiltrated the Android world.

If you can't wait for the devs to crack this nut open, then you're a fool. Stop acting like this phone already has 30 roms available for it and we need custom kernels immediately. You can install custom roms even with a locked bootloader. Incredible, isn't it?
    Are you mad or just stupid? I'm not an apple fanboy. I'm actually the exact opposite. I've used and still use Android to this day. Anyway, I corrected my post by saying that the Rezound has an encrypted bootloader. In between yout fit of rage while smashing your reply on the keyboard you should have seen that but apparently not.

Encrypted bootloader = no s-off. ever. That's a big issue for people who care about that sort of stuff.
    12-06-2011 03:36 PM
    Encrypted bootloader = no s-off. ever. That's a big issue for people who care about that sort of stuff.
    Yeah, you're right. Motorola has encrypted bootloaders.
    Oh...wait. Droid phones are rooted. What's this? The Razr has a root method as well? Hmm. But I thought you said "encrypted bootloader = no s-off. ever."

Logical thinking, how does it work?
    12-06-2011 05:56 PM
    OP here - Would you all mind taking this discussion to another thread? I'm subscribed and don't want to get any more update notifications for off-topic comments. Thanks.

12-06-2011 06:28 PM
    You have got the discounted product and there are so many things which could be considered for this.You should keep it and use it when ever you need this in your future.

cobone
    12-06-2011 10:00 PM
    I like the charging dock, I have found that I save a lot of ware and tare on the USB cords by using one.
    12-06-2011 10:23 PM
    Yeah, you're right. Motorola has encrypted bootloaders.
    Oh...wait. Droid phones are rooted. What's this? The Razr has a root method as well? Hmm. But I thought you said "encrypted bootloader = no s-off. ever."

Logical thinking, how does it work?
    s-off = root? holy crap I better tell xda!
    12-06-2011 11:48 PM
    OP here - Would you all mind taking this discussion to another thread? I'm subscribed and don't want to get any more update notifications for off-topic comments. Thanks.

I'll oblige, OP. Plus, I'd rather not get banhammered.
    Also, I'd like to change my vote on what accessory to get. Go with the Otterbox Defender. It's not as slim as the commuter series, but Otterbox cases are damn good.
    ctychick likes this.
    12-07-2011 06:17 AM
    Which Otterbox did you get? Was it online or on the store?

the one in store love it & I can tell you it already paid for it self just droped the phone getting out the car this morning.
    12-07-2011 12:42 PM
    Glad to see you guys take the bickering elsewhere.

What about a nice cradle?
    I see the charging dock that AC is giving away on the front page...
    12-07-2011 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD