Soft keys not vibrating

cheiko33

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has been brought up before.

My issue is that after enabling the power save feature to try it out, including disabling vibrate on certain UI interactions, the soft keys at the bottom have stopped vibrating. I tried putting the power mode back to high performance and restarting but nothing has helped. Haptic feedback on the keyboard however works fine, so the two are not related in terms of settings.

Does anyone have a solution aside from a hard reset?

Thank you.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has been brought up before.

My issue is that after enabling the power save feature to try it out, including disabling vibrate on certain UI interactions, the soft keys at the bottom have stopped vibrating. I tried putting the power mode back to high performance and restarting but nothing has helped. Haptic feedback on the keyboard however works fine, so the two are not related in terms of settings.

Does anyone have a solution aside from a hard reset?

Thank you.

Just to clarify, after you changed back to performance mode, you re-enabled vibration on the capacitive buttons and they still don't vibrate? I know they don't work on EVERY interaction but it works fine on most.

cheiko33

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If there is a setting for enabling vibrate on touch capacitive buttons I'm not aware of it. The only option I've seen to disable it is if I enable economy power save mode. This is only to disable, not enable. These options should be completely bypassed when reverting to high performance. But in the off chance they were still in effect, I did uncheck the disable vibration button.

I even tried setting to economy mode again with it unchecked thinking maybe the setting was "stuck" and would re enable vibrate when power save engaged. It didn't work.

And to clarify, the soft keys function perfectly fine, just with no vibration since I tweaked with this setting.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
In the sound settings, there is an option for vibrate feedback. check that, and your golden. some settings dont seem to revert all the way back when changing power modes. another one that has been an issue is the CDMA only toggle. going from economy to performance, your stuck with 3g until you manually change to lte.

cheiko33

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! Ahh...sound was the only settings I didn't check! Shame on me. All is well again with my rezound. Thanks again!