Can the Rezound really be a multimedia device? Battery?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's something I don't get... The Rezound is supposed to be this amazing multimedia device. What does that matter if the battery runs out quickly? I've only had mine a few days but can you actually listen to a few hours of music and still have a usable phone the rest of the day?

(and I mean without the extended battery)

Thanks!

Paul

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
HD screen for videos? Check.
Snappy, responsive, and clear quality camera? Check.
Beats functionality for improved audio? Check
4G LTE for top speed downloads and browsing? Check

How is this NOT a multimedia device? The standard battery on this phone is actually pretty good. It's better than the first batch of LTE phones from earlier this year, to say the least. Not to mention the features it has can either match or beat any other phone on Verizon. Actually, it's still the best phone on Verizon as I type this.
For pure music, I'm able to go through about 20 songs and only drain a few percentage points off the phone.
For video, I can watch an HD, 30 minute clip and it only chips away about 20 percent, if that. (This is with 4G on, mind you.)

Reactions: yibrushn

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same way. Right now I cant even get my Rezound to last 10 hours with light usage, and it makes me sad. :(

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh... the battery woes. I have the Inc and on the 29, I just have to say that I'm looking forward to it more than Christmas, I will be getting the Rezound. Not having the Fōn in hand I can't really comment on the experience, but having the Inc I can say that it truly has been a multimedia device for me. I stream Netflix both at home and for the kids when we're out. My daily commute just wouldn't be the same with out Stitcher, and I can't tell you how many hours of music I've listened to while riding the motorcycle. If, as it zounds, the Rezound has more life than my Inc I foresee the experience only getting better, because the Inc has one of the worst reps with battery life. That's not to say that some concessions won't have to be made, like an extended battery or at least a spare, but that's minor.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery and am enjoying the Rezound even more. I don't mind the extra bulk.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've used alot of phones but this is the first one that can't even maintain the same battery level, if I'm using the phone with the screen brightness on higher than 1%, even w/ background apps. disabled. It's absurd, the radio is one step forward for LTE connectivity than previous but it negates the progress if the battery is still being taxed in similiar fashion. This phone never should've shipped out with the size of the stock mah battery it did, it's pathetic, no matter how you look at it.

frankiegth

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery and am enjoying the Rezound even more. I don't mind the extra bulk.
Can you protect the phone with a case with the extended battery or no? I'm planning on buying an extended battery but i need to have a case to cover the phone...can you please let me know if there are cases available?...thanks

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm so used to power conserving tactics I'm ok with it.

As far as a multimedia device, I keep telling my wife that she can watch her Sandra Bullock movies on the big tv and I'll be fine watching Old School streaming on Netflix on my Rezound. (actually the wife is cool, I just always tease her after she DID watch "The Proposal" all the way thru). But I would actually be ok with watching my low brow comedies by myself on the phone, as long as I'm still allowed to guffaw freely.

BiNGE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a great device for movies, music, and phone calls. Using an extended or external (portable) battery is preferrable with most of the smart phones of mention, but I love the Rezound out of the box. People have to feel bad when they can't play/listen/work with their phones after 5 hours of heavy usage, but this is much better than my past devices considering this does more.

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
the thought of having 32 with 10 bulit is aswome i love the expandable memory option. That is why i wont pick up the galaxy nexus I am sorry but having to reply on google music when i am flying and traveling doesnt sound to fun to me

Dheinle

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My rezound has the best battery life of any android phone I've used including the dinc and breakout. I take it off the charger at 6 am, put it in the car dock on the way to and from work (total 1 hour) and it's 9pm and I am still at 58%.

I have no problem letting my kids play games on it and I'm not paranoid about it dieing on me.

evilempire

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you go to settings>power>power mode and choose economy. I get 12 hours with moderate use using 2 standard batteries. The batteries are so small I dont even know I have it in my pocket.

jer85008

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
How come I can get well over a day of use on mine without any issues?

I barely use it as a phone, mostly internet/music/video/etc.

I also use some power-conserving tactics, including a well-known battery saving program (that really works!)

Besides, it's loaded with high-end stuff and 4G, of course the battery will be limited.

If you want long battery life, go back to your Blackberry.

beachboyde

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I did as well, finally left AT&T for this phone. Between the Razor and Rezound and I'm very delighted. I let the extened battery go dead and then fully recharged it and it's even better. Could not be more happy. I work in Washington DC on the weekends and have that full 4G goodness. Love the phone.

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you go to settings>power>power mode and choose economy. I get 12 hours with moderate use using 2 standard batteries. The batteries are so small I dont even know I have it in my pocket.

thats the problem, you shouldnt need 2 batteries for only 12 hours of moderate use. That type of usage is what they should have aimed for when it came to the stock battery. They should have put one in that could just make it through 1/2 a day of moderate usage, im not saying it should be at like 60% at the end of the day, it just should be able to last until you get home.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think everything is fine, as long as your not doing something on 4g, as far as battery life goes. Really, what smartphones do on the size of battery they get amazes me. I think 3,000mah battery's should be standard, and we should be amazed that phones are only 1/2" thick, not 7mm. Until we get some new battery tech (which may be soon) and can cram a 5,000mah battery in a phone, this is always gonna be a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc