Otterbox Defender "fix" for extended battery?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I asked this in another thread, but it got buried some time ago.

I was just reading reviews for the Otterbox Defender and a guy mentioned that he uses the Defender with the extended battery. He basically leaves off the back part of the hard shell case before attaching the rubbery exterior layer. Has anyone tried this? I wonder if the phone would then still fit into the holster. I would really love to pair the extended battery (which I haven't purchased yet) with the Defender and this seems like it might work. Thoughts?

thumbedmonkey

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
YOU MUST TELL US MORE! PICTURES!!! :D

Seriously, I would love to use an OtterBox with my extended battery. Less worried about holster use, as I have a Maxpedition M-1 waistpack under the Christmas tree (I buy, wife wraps, everyone is happy)

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I finally got up my extended battery and heard about other people using their Otterbox Defender w/ the extended battery (didn't realize how big the battery is LOL). Anyways I think it still looks the same-the Defender is naturally bulky. Because the Defender wasn't made for the extended battery you just have to leave the Otterbox backing off but the silicone still fits and doesn't come off. The outer belt clip holster can only be used if you face the phone inwards.

I was able to take some pics to give some of you ideas of how it looks. I know its not the best quality pics but I was rushing.

Sent from my Rezound<3 using Tapatalk

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, no problems whatsoever. The only thing I hate about a silicone skin(any brand) is that it attracts soo much dusts and pet hairs. I am constantly cleaning it.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I dont remember the name of this case it has a kick stand its for extended battery. It also has a holster with a clip.:)

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to buy one and use a dremel to cut out the center of the back to fit the extended battery hump. I will post a thread once I'm done.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont remember the name of this case it has a kick stand its for extended battery. It also has a holster with a clip.:)

If its that one that Verizon sells on their website I wouldn't buy that one. I've known 2 people who had that same case/holster that was made for the Dinc and it broke for them.

I'm able to still use the holster for my Otterbox as a kickstand and put my phone in enough where it will sit there and I can watch my movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer