Newegg selling for 149.99 with new/extended contract

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I picked up mine last friday from Target mobile for $99 on a new line added to my wife's plan. Had tried to do the Amazon $0.01 deal, but they were a pain to work with. Target was a lot better. I think it's now $149, but still a good deal on a great phone.

What is there about Amazon that is a pain to work with? I have had excellent service from them with every transaction that I have done with them.

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh Amazon is amazing for most things, I certainly spend WAY too much money there, but there was no way to convert my wife's individual plan to a family plan, they told me I'd incur a $250 fee if I bought the phone as an individual and later combined accounts or even if I added my corporate discount to the new line I opened. Multiple calls to them to try and find a way to get the deal, but no luck. No such problems w/ target mobile. If you're just upgrading an existing line they're probably fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh Amazon is amazing for most things, I certainly spend WAY too much money there, but there was no way to convert my wife's individual plan to a family plan, they told me I'd incur a $250 fee if I bought the phone as an individual and later combined accounts or even if I added my corporate discount to the new line I opened. Multiple calls to them to try and find a way to get the deal, but no luck. No such problems w/ target mobile. If you're just upgrading an existing line they're probably fine.
Every 3rd party may have different terms depending on the agreement with Verizon.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to newegg to see what the price difference was and it says 219 just looking at the phone, then it says 149 when you go to the cart, but changes to 249 when you pick renew/upgrade plan. Someone posted early on in this thread that it was only of the main line, but I got two for the 249 price. The odd thing, and I'm posting hoping someone will know is, I called Big Red and asked if they could move my date up 13 days and they said that they would but it would cost me 20 bucks a line and that I would loose my upgrade money for both lines, but when I started the process at newegg there's a button close to the price that says 'Am I eligible?' so I clicked it. Entered the info it asked for just for S&G, thinking that it was going to make me have to buy one of the lines for full price or just out right deny me, but it said that both lines were eligible. I thought maybe 7 days was close enough? I went to My Verizon and it still said that I was going to have to wait until the 29th, so I went back to newegg and did the order just to see how far it would let me go before I got flagged, and it let me order both phones for 249??? Anyway, they should be here today and I was wondering if I have to wait until the 29th to activate or suffer some type of penalty for early activation? Does anyone know?

Slouis

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, they should be here today and I was wondering if I have to wait until the 29th to activate or suffer some type of penalty for early activation? Does anyone know?

Shouldnt, They confer with Verizon before mailing out the phones ( usually) id visit your verizon home page and see if it has changed your upgrade date to 20 months from now. I know mine was still 8 days out when newegg/amazon said my upgrade was a go...and now im not due for another upgrade til aug 2013 =)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Shouldnt, They confer with Verizon before mailing out the phones ( usually) id visit your verizon home page and see if it has changed your upgrade date to 20 months from now. I know mine was still 8 days out when newegg/amazon said my upgrade was a go...and now im not due for another upgrade til aug 2013 =)

They did arrive as I had expected. Still being concerned I went to my account and just as you said my new date was 2013. We're all activated and working on getting set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret