SD & Phone Storage Question

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
OK, this might seem like a silly question and I was always told that no question is silly if you don't know the answer, and I don't know the answer to this one.

I just picked up a Rezound over the weekend and I am loving it. When looking through the settings for SD & Phone Storage I see 3 categories:

1. SD card-mine says Available Space 30 GB, I have a 32 GB Micro SD card installed
2. Phone Storage-mine say Available Space 9.94 GB, I'm assuming this is out of 16 GB
3. Internal Storage

Isn't Internal Storage the available RAM memory? If so I thought the Rezound has 1 GB RAM, but my phone says Available Space 2 GB. Does this mean my phone has 2 GB of RAM not 1?

Thanks for helping me understand this.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, this might seem like a silly question and I was always told that no question is silly if you don't know the answer, and I don't know the answer to this one.

I just picked up a Rezound over the weekend and I am loving it. When looking through the settings for SD & Phone Storage I see 3 categories:

1. SD card-mine says Available Space 30 GB, I have a 32 GB Micro SD card installed
2. Phone Storage-mine say Available Space 9.94 GB, I'm assuming this is out of 16 GB
3. Internal Storage

Isn't Internal Storage the available RAM memory? If so I thought the Rezound has 1 GB RAM, but my phone says Available Space 2 GB. Does this mean my phone has 2 GB of RAM not 1?

Thanks for helping me understand this.

1) You have a 32GB SD Card which when formatted gives you 30GB usable space
2) Phone storage is your internal SD Card, yes out of 16 GB
3) This is also your internal SD Card just a partitioned chunk of it.

Think of it this way
Application Area - 2 GB of your internal SD Card (fixed amount)
Phone Storage - Leftover space on internal SD Card

Reactions: karyney