Does the Rezound have a real glass screen?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. I understand it isnt Gorilla glass, but is it a real glass or plastic?

Real glass would still be very resistant to scratches, and I would rather not use a screen protector. But if its a plastic screen, I might have to.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh good...so no screen protector for me. I hate those things. The only thing I have ever seen that scratches glass is sand.

My Droid 1 is two years old and the screen is still immaculate. No scratches at all. It looks new. Glass screens are awesome.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how most people carry their phones but I've never used a screen protector...can't see the point. I always have an empty pocket that is meant for my phone. At the very worst(and drunkest) I may stick paper money and some loose change in that pocket but never thumbtacks, diamonds, and jackhammers like most people must...I'm over a month in and my phone looks just the same as it did when I bought it.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
At the very worst(and drunkest) I may stick paper money and some loose change in that pocket but never thumbtacks, diamonds, and jackhammers like most people must.

LOL!

The only thing change did was scratch the paint on the case (which is still a bad thing mind you). The glass screen was immune to it though.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
After a month with my Rezound I have tiny scratch on my screen. Thinking about getting a protector, but I'd really rather not.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how most people carry their phones but I've never used a screen protector...can't see the point. I always have an empty pocket that is meant for my phone. At the very worst(and drunkest) I may stick paper money and some loose change in that pocket but never thumbtacks, diamonds, and jackhammers like most people must...I'm over a month in and my phone looks just the same as it did when I bought it.

A friend of mine would throw his keys in the same pocket as his phone, and it used to drive me insane. His other pocket had a leather wallet, and he didn't want to scratch up the leather.
I wonder sometimes.

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't be a cheap ass, get the screen protector and enjoy your phone worry free. While some glass is more scratch resistant that others, they all can scratch.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Look into the invisishield they have warranties and professional.installation

Are you referring to buying invisishield at bestbuy? When I bought the protector for my Dinc I had to teach the guy how to install it and he charged me a $10 "Screen protector installation fee" for my trouble.

I fell in love with Skinomi Techskins, but so far I have seen no need to put one on my Rezound.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't be a cheap ass, get the screen protector and enjoy your phone worry free. While some glass is more scratch resistant that others, they all can scratch.

LOL, its not about being cheap. It's about image quality. I have never seen an example of a screen protector that did not affect images quality negatively...even if only slightly.

Also, they annoy the hell out of me because they reduce touchscreen sensitivity. I tell all my friends with glass screen phones to get rid of the protectors. 2 years on my Droid 1 and not a single scratch. Unless you are in a place with a lot of sand (beach, desert, ect) I really cant see the need for these.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
LOL, its not about being cheap. It's about image quality. I have never seen an example of a screen protector that did not affect images quality negatively...even if only slightly.

Also, they annoy the hell out of me because they reduce touchscreen sensitivity. I tell all my friends with glass screen phones to get rid of the protectors. 2 years on my Droid 1 and not a single scratch. Unless you are in a place with a lot of sand (beach, desert, ect) I really cant see the need for these.

I'm currently using a skinomi techskin and it isn't noticeable at all. The sensitivity is still spot on and it still has the "no screen protector" feeling. Have you ever bought a screen protector that didn't come from a dollar bin? You get what you pay for.

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used a screen protector since the original Tilt with the plastic screen and even then I took it off after a week. I'm in the camp that they are always noticeable. I would rather just take the 3 1/2 seconds to put everything in one pocket so the other is free for the phone, If I put it in my pocket at all. Never had a scratched screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams