1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
After 6 days of spotty (at best) 3g and 4g coverage on the Galaxy Nexus, I returned it for a Rezound yesterday. I've barely had time to use it in the less than 24 hours I've had it, but it gets 3g and 4g everywhere that the Nexus did not get it but should have had it. The little I've used the camera on the Rezound has proven it is better, it's not even close. The only thing the Nexus had on it was shutter speed, which does you little good if the Auto Focus can't keep up. Anyway, I'll have some more comparisons when I have more time with the Rezound.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Stuff like this makes me feel a lot better about going with the Rezound.

I do still have some residual jealousy over SuperAMOLED...but there was no option for a true 720p Super AMOLED screen (I dont want Pentile...that ruins it for me).

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex, but just can't get past the lack of screen visibility at lower brightness levels. In my opinion, the auto brightness feature is worthless on the Gnex, it is way too dim. This is aggravated by the fact that the screen is very grey (instead of white) at those dim settings.

I expected to maybe notice a performance advantage over a sense device, but I truthfully haven't noticed anything.

I like the thinness and weight of the Gnex, and overall I like Ics, however, they're not enough to accept the screen, especially when you compare it to the bright, beautiful screen of the Rezound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex

God, me too. I am such a huge fan of the Galaxy S2 phones (and the original Galaxy as well). But it is like Samsung went out of their way to make it as unappealing as possible. They yanked SD expansion and polluted the display with pentile tech. It doesnt have the Gorilla Glass that is in the "real" Galaxy S2s either.

Frankly, I would rather have any of the stock Galaxy S2 phones than the Nexus. And that is really sad.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Verizon and want a Galaxy S2 though, the Nexus is as close as you are going to get. I think they are the only major carrier that doesnt offer a stock Galaxy S2.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
God, me too. I am such a huge fan of the Galaxy S2 phones (and the original Galaxy as well). But it is like Samsung went out of their way to make it as unappealing as possible. They yanked SD expansion and polluted the display with pentile tech. It doesnt have the Gorilla Glass that is in the "real" Galaxy S2s either.

Frankly, I would rather have any of the stock Galaxy S2 phones than the Nexus. And that is really sad.

Just out curiousity, did you watch the video on how the glass used on the GN was manufactured? And some of the scratching & abuse they subject it to in testing. It doesn't have to say "Gorilla", in order to be tough. Granted, it's not a Corning product but that crap looked durable as anything else, to say the least.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
After 6 days of spotty (at best) 3g and 4g coverage on the Galaxy Nexus, I returned it for a Rezound yesterday. I've barely had time to use it in the less than 24 hours I've had it, but it gets 3g and 4g everywhere that the Nexus did not get it but should have had it. The little I've used the camera on the Rezound has proven it is better, it's not even close. The only thing the Nexus had on it was shutter speed, which does you little good if the Auto Focus can't keep up. Anyway, I'll have some more comparisons when I have more time with the Rezound.

My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.

Reactions: droidman2177

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Of the "big 3" on Verizon right now - Rezound, Nexus, Razr - my choice would be the Rezound (although I don't have a choice at the moment...bummer). I had a chance to play with all 3 the other day, although I really like the form factor of the Razr and Nexus, they both have things about them that are turn offs for me.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.

Haha!

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to REALLY use the phone, been busy up to this point so far.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone

It's definitely a relative unknown compared to the GN and Razr. I guess when the goods speak for themselves, they don't need a ton of hype.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex, but just can't get past the lack of screen visibility at lower brightness levels. In my opinion, the auto brightness feature is worthless on the Gnex, it is way too dim. This is aggravated by the fact that the screen is very grey (instead of white) at those dim settings.

I expected to maybe notice a performance advantage over a sense device, but I truthfully haven't noticed anything.

I like the thinness and weight of the Gnex, and overall I like Ics, however, they're not enough to accept the screen, especially when you compare it to the bright, beautiful screen of the Rezound.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Sadly I'm coming to the same conclusion. :'( I love the GN's crisp & clean ICS OS and can even tolerate 60-70% battery use devoted to the screen but the Galaxy Nexus' camera/video performance is so inconsistent. But I promised myself I'd give the Galaxy Nexus at least a week's test-run. ;)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I'm coming to the same conclusion. :'( I love the GN's crisp & clean ICS OS and can even tolerate 60-70% battery use devoted to the screen but the Galaxy Nexus' camera/video performance is so inconsistent. But I promised myself I'd give the Galaxy Nexus at least a week's test-run. ;)

60-70% on the GN, the display on my Rezound eats up 90% of my battery usage.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

isn't that the iphone mantra with words just changed? O.O