Can You Talk and Surf on 3G Simultaneously on a Rezound?

esper.knight

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear. If you are in a 3g only area (no 4g signal) you can still talk and pull data simultaneously? Or are you saying that you talk over 3g and pull data over 4g?

cotton

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that I am resurrecting a thread from Dec, but can anyone explain how that this phone does this so well, when not many other Verizon phones seem to have the ability? I mean, there is not even much of a slowdown in data speed. How's this working?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know that I am resurrecting a thread from Dec, but can anyone explain how that this phone does this so well, when not many other Verizon phones seem to have the ability? I mean, there is not even much of a slowdown in data speed. How's this working?

The rezound has separate 3g data and voice radios.

cotton

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are they both CDMA rev a, just two completely separate radios? Got a link for more info?

Is this just an htc thing or why haven't others done the same? I'm sure there are negatives, but what would they be?

The whole issue is not a very big deal unless your using your phone as a hotspot for your laptop or tablet.

Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The rezound has separate radio for voice and data on 3g. Most other verizon phones use the same 3g radio for voice and data,hence only one can be used at a time

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I picked up a Galaxy Nexus after getting my Rezound and besides battery life, I really miss this feature when I am using my GN on a long day of travel where I usually turn off 4G to make it through a day. With my Rezound, I can tether and talk when needed when not in a 4G area which is awesome for when I get calls for work.

The Rezound is one nice piece of hardware!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Are they both CDMA rev a, just two completely separate radios? Got a link for more info?

Is this just an htc thing or why haven't others done the same? I'm sure there are negatives, but what would they be?

The whole issue is not a very big deal unless your using your phone as a hotspot for your laptop or tablet.

Thanks.

Although this is for the Thunderbolt, it most likely applies to the Rezound. As far as negatives; probably only one: possible increased battery drain (to power multiple radios).

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Galaxy Nexus after getting my Rezound and besides battery life, I really miss this feature when I am using my GN on a long day of travel where I usually turn off 4G to make it through a day. With my Rezound, I can tether and talk when needed when not in a 4G area which is awesome for when I get calls for work.

The Rezound is one nice piece of hardware!
Go back to the Rezound! It's a really great phone, and has better radio signal than the Gnex, from my experience.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go back to the Rezound! It's a really great phone, and has better radio signal than the Gnex, from my experience.

I bounce between them all the time. I bought a micro SIM adapter for $1.50 on eBay and just move it between the phones whenever I want, very slick.

The Rezound is definitely my work horse.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463