Will i get 8 hours?

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i know there are other threads about battery, but i checked and the phones are being used differently than what i want. i've been reading reviews from users on amazon and most claim that battery is bad, but i don't know what that means exactly. going from 4 to 6 hours on an incredible, i don't want it to be the same as that or worse.

i would like to get the rezound because the galaxy nexus barely makes the 8 hours i need. will the rezound be easily able to make that using stock battery (i don't want extra bulk in my pocket) if i use it for:

instant messaging
instant notification (1 minute polling) for facebook
push email for 8 accounts
games
reading
music
maps with navigation
gps services
4G

i came from an htc incredible which was the worst experience i've had with battery life. so bad that i barely turned on 3g. i would go from wifi to wifi or just turn off data stream. if i left data going while out and about, i would get 4 hours before i see it down to around 25% (and this is on the 1800mah battery). i then swore i wouldn't get another htc phone until the battery life is better. if i'll get more battery life out of my nexus than rezound i'll stay with nexus. some of the things that draws me to the rezound are the camera and the old music app which i can control without unlocking the phone when it sleeps. doesn't work so well on nexus.

so keeping the same things i'm doing with my incredible to rezound, will i get 8 hours without going below 15%? i hate seeing my battery level in red if i'm not yet home. thanks for any help.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you can live with the extended battery this will not be a problem. I consider myself a power user and this phone gets me through a day without issue. I have long phone conversations, plenty of text messages, slingbox, LTE on all the time, browsing, twitter, Gmail push, exchange push, etc and I get 20+ hours with the extended battery.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i can go from 7am to about 5pm on the regular battery I use wifi at work 4g off and that is the big help,I make a lot of phone calls & text, email , surf the net no games i do have to put on the car charger on the way home.
what kills the battery is the display I have it as low as I can and that seem to help me, the first 3 days was the worst good luck

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I might not use my phone as much as you, but when I was using my Incredible I could go 18 hours. My Rezound goes about 16 hours.

Sent from my HTC. Rezound using Tapatalk

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound now is almost a month old. I was hoping when I first got it that I could get 8+ hours of use after coming over from just a cellphone (Moto i580) that gave me 6 days of use with a 1860mah extended battery. Well now after some recharges, better understanding of how to use the phone for my own needs, I'm up to 2-3 days on just the standard battery. It's been 'on' all the time and just once I rebooted it to see the uptime clock reset. I don't download videos (yet) or watch tv on it and there is some idle time during the day (gvmt job) but I do SMS, bunch of emails on 2 accounts - no push -, internet in the evenings, photos with the great camera, and talk to friends and family ( phone side of it is excellent ! ). Not as much use as the OP's list. It's my first smartphone so no comparison with anything else. Totally happy on this end.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
does anyone know if this will at least outlast the nexus in battery life. i've seen that graphic that says it should, but since the nexus battery is 1750mah and rezound only has 1620mah. my incredible had the 1800mah battery and no way would last 8 hours with 3g connection and still having 20% after.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know if this will at least outlast the nexus in battery life. i've seen that graphic that says it should, but since the nexus battery is 1750mah and rezound only has 1620mah. my incredible had the 1800mah battery and no way would last 8 hours with 3g connection and still having 20% after.

This shows that the rezound gets 5:03 and the galaxy nexus gets 3:40 on 4g.

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Get the extended battery and use the phone however you like with more than 24 hours between charges. Its not that bulky, and it feels good and solid in the hand.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Get the extended battery and use the phone however you like with more than 24 hours between charges. Its not that bulky, and it feels good and solid in the hand.

i am apprehensive about extended batteries because the one for the incredible made the phone look like a literal brick. i want my new phone to be flat. >_<

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Then pick up a spare standard battery and an external charger. The rezound is good on stand by with its battery, but the moment you watch a movie, or fire up the display it will kill the battery. I can drain the stock battery in no time, I can also drain the extended battery just as easily, as though it to was the stock battery.

Cheers

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It depends. The display is the real battery killer here. I get 9-10 hrs with normal use, but in a boring meeting or on a long car trip using it like 100% it can drain the battery in 4-5 hrs

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
how much extra thickness does the extended battery add? i can't seem to find a profile picture of it. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781