Volume button difficulties when using a case?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
How is the volume button working out with your case?

I'm using the Verizon silicon case until my Seidio gets here. The silicon cases seem to be made so that there's extra material that pushes against the volume button, since the volume buttons seem to be flush with the phone. - not working out too well.

But what about cases where they have a cut out for the volume? Are you able still depress the button?

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Weird, the volume rocker actually works BETTER with the silicone case. But I have the extended battery version.

I assume since you mentioned the Seidio that you have the standard battery/battery cover?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended battery shell and holster combo from Verizon Wireless and have no problems with the volume buttons. I actually like it better than my thunderbolt which was way too easy to press causing accidental presses. But I can see how some might like something easier to press.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i find certain cases to make it much easier.

the otterbox commuter makes the volume control easier HOWEVER it misses on the power button enough to be annoying.

the incipio sylacrilic makes the volume control much easier and the power button pretty much works every press.

the otterbox commuter definitely feels sturdier. however those s forgot the two rear stereo microphone cut-outs. i gotta email them as they should fix that.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox defender series and the design for the buttons are great. I couldn't ask for a more well laid out and built case. I would love for them to build a case that will work with an extended battery though.

James

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox defender series and the design for the buttons are great. I couldn't ask for a more well laid out and built case. I would love for them to build a case that will work with an extended battery though.

James

I have the same case too and I really like it. I have no problems w/ the buttons. I didn't care much for that attached screen protector so I took it off and put on the Zagg invisible shield. The screen looks so much more prettier now. The only thing I hate is the outside silicone is a damn dust collector!:(

@ James-I heard other people talking about the extended battery and what they did was remove the hard shell backing from the Otterbox and use it by slipping on the silicone over that. I'm assuming it works since I haven't heard any complaints yet. I might try that myself.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same case too and I really like it. I have no problems w/ the buttons. I didn't care much for that attached screen protector so I took it off and put on the Zagg invisible shield. The screen looks so much more prettier now. The only thing I hate is the outside silicone is a damn dust collector!:(

@ James-I heard other people talking about the extended battery and what they did was remove the hard shell backing from the Otterbox and use it by slipping on the silicone over that. I'm assuming it works since I haven't heard any complaints yet. I might try that myself.

That is what I have done thus far, kinda defeats purpose though in some sense only using half the protective case.
My next solution is just purchase an Anker external pack.

James

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i find certain cases to make it much easier.

the otterbox commuter makes the volume control easier HOWEVER it misses on the power button enough to be annoying.

the incipio sylacrilic makes the volume control much easier and the power button pretty much works every press.

the otterbox commuter definitely feels sturdier. however those s forgot the two rear stereo microphone cut-outs. i gotta email them as they should fix that.

Uh oh, someone in quality control got some explainin' to do. So much for being a candidate for employee of the month.:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc