To record in 720 or 1080?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If I am only going to view videos on my phone, or upload to Youtube to send to friends, which setting should I record with? Full HD - 1080, or HD - 720? (assuming I don't need the longer recording time.

Will there be any visual difference when viewed on my 720 Rezound screen?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the Rezound's screen is 720p therefore recording in 1080p to watch on the phone is pointless. It would only generate even larger files.

Moreover, many people say they can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a tiny screen anyway.

I would save the file size if I'm just going to watch on the phone.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If I am only going to view videos on my phone, or upload to Youtube to send to friends, which setting should I record with? Full HD - 1080, or HD - 720? (assuming I don't need the longer recording time.

Will there be any visual difference when viewed on my 720 Rezound screen?

What you choose to record in will vary greatly depending on how you export pix & vids from your device to other sources. Some sources won't support exporting files that size and resolution. So that will play a restrictive role in uploading video content depending on what you do with them. There really is no clear cut answer, you'll have to judge accordingly.

As far as I know, the Rezound's screen is 720p therefore recording in 1080p to watch on the phone is pointless. It would only generate even larger files.

Moreover, many people say they can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a tiny screen anyway.

I would save the file size if I'm just going to watch on the phone.

I don't think pointless is the best term to use. They didn't include the 1080p recording for the phone itself. Video out, for playback on something that can support 1080p capabilities. So it has a very relevant point for being available.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
You're better off recording in 720p. Most people either don't own 1080p monitors, or don't have those at work (where most of the browsing probably gets done), so 720p is good enough.

I myself use 1080p though, because I end up moving the files to my computer anyway. And I'd recommend anyone to shell out about $200 for an HD monitor for your computer. Seriously worth it.