I know this has probably been posted a ton of times but has anyone actually & successfully exchange there "defected" Rezound with the "pink" buttons for a Rezound that actually had red buttons? This problem has been a nightmare for me, VZW thinks I'm crazy.

For a lot of people the "pinkish" capacitive buttons doesn't bother them, but for me it's a big issue. I'm paying a lot of money for this phone and also agreeing to another 2 year contract, I want my phone to be perfect. My Rezound is perfect besides the bright pink buttons, I just feel like I was sold an unfinished/rushed device. I can post pictures of my phone if needed, I wouldn't care if they where a little pink but there not even red at all which is hilarious. I already returned my Nexus back for the Rezound thinking that I wasn't going to have any problems with this phone. I'm not trying to be picky or fuss over something small but If this is going to be my phone for the next 2 years why not make sure it's the right one?

I went into the VZW corp store today and they pretty much said "that's how the phone looks" and that "everyone views "red" differently". Of course the model they had on displayed looked pink so trying to convince them was pretty hard and not like they would believe me or care anyways. I said well couldn't you just open a few Rezounds in the back and see if you have the same issue with those. She tried telling me that you have to activate the phone to get the lights to turn on, LOL. They where extremely rude and just not willing to help. She told me that an associate had a Rezound that works in the back and of course that phone was "perfect" too but she wouldn't bring it out, I have no clue if she even checked any other Rezounds back there? What can I do to get the Rezound I should have received in the first place. I was thinking about calling VZW today and talking to a CSR instead of going into a store? Can anyone who has maybe been through this explain to me how to go about this?

This is what I want (check the pics): Verizon Galaxy Nexus vs HTC Rezound

I appreciate the help guys.
    01-03-2012 11:36 PM
    I went through the same thing! My first Rezound had the pink buttons but it overheated so I had to swap it for a new one. The second one had the rich red buttons! They were gorgeous! Loved it! I however exchanged it for the Nexus. Big mistake! I'm now back on the Rezound and I got the pink ones again. The Verizon stores I went to all looked at me like I was crazy! I had customer service send me a like new replacement. Once again had the pink buttons. My girl took her Nexus back for the Rezound and even agreed to swap with me if it had the red ones! Guess what?? I've come to accept them because all else works very well on this unit. No overheating, no bootloop. The line level noise in the headphone jack is there for me but I'm OK with it. I know how you feel man! I'm pretty obsessive but if you're unit is functioning well everywhere else, I'd say take a step back and go with it! Your time is up sir! Haha...
    01-04-2012 12:46 AM
    I went through the same thing! My first Rezound had the pink buttons but it overheated so I had to swap it for a new one. The second one had the rich red buttons! They were gorgeous! Loved it! I however exchanged it for the Nexus. Big mistake! I'm now back on the Rezound and I got the pink ones again. The Verizon stores I went to all looked at me like I was crazy! I had customer service send me a like new replacement. Once again had the pink buttons. My girl took her Nexus back for the Rezound and even agreed to swap with me if it had the red ones! Guess what?? I've come to accept them because all else works very well on this unit. No overheating, no bootloop. The line level noise in the headphone jack is there for me but I'm OK with it. I know how you feel man! I'm pretty obsessive but if you're unit is functioning well everywhere else, I'd say take a step back and go with it! Your time is up sir! Haha...
    It's a mistake to write off the boot loop issue so soon. They have not patched the cause so we all are pretty much on a wait and see basis. So keep the fix, handy. It'll likely rear it's head for many during the next round of outages.
    01-04-2012 12:54 AM
    Yeah the way I fixed was to boot without the sim card then go into LTE toggle and switch to cdma only. Shut down then boot up and it worked.
    01-04-2012 01:03 AM
    @ Budmonster. Pink buttons, Red buttons - compared to all the problems in our world, this is nothing.. Life is too short. I have pink buttons, but my phone works awesome. I recommend - Don't sweat the small things.
    01-04-2012 08:11 AM
    "VZW thinks I'm crazy." - Wrong, you're not crazy.
    "I'm paying a lot of money for this phone and also agreeing to another 2 year contract, I want my phone to be perfect." - Correct, you are (we all are) paying $300 for this phone and it better be perfect.

Don't sell yourself short. Demand a perfect phone each time.
    01-04-2012 08:18 AM
    Red Buttons, Pink Buttons - Is it really worth investing that much time and mental energy?
    01-04-2012 08:44 AM
    "VZW thinks I'm crazy." - Wrong, you're not crazy.
    "I'm paying a lot of money for this phone and also agreeing to another 2 year contract, I want my phone to be perfect." - Correct, you are (we all are) paying $300 for this phone and it better be perfect.

Don't sell yourself short. Demand a perfect phone each time.
    I don't know about you, but I paid $50 on upgrade for the phone.
    01-04-2012 10:29 AM
    My financing was a little more creative. I had a Verizon Trade In card, and some gift cards. By the time the transaction was complete, I paid about $25of my own money for my Rezound.
    01-04-2012 11:13 AM
    I paid $300 and the pink buttons don't bother me.

But to each their own. If having off-colored buttons is that big of an issue, find someone with a red-button rezound and bring them to the VZW store with you so you can show the service rep the problem.
    01-04-2012 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD