Notifications while on charger

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My previous phone, the OG Droid, had separate charge and notification lights. The Rezound, on the other hand, uses just one light for both purposes... So it won't show email/message/etc. notifications while it is on the charger. Is there any way around this? When it is on the charger, I hate having to continuously turn the phone on and unlock the screen to see if there are any notifications. Any way to turn off the "charge status" lights (even if root is required)?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My previous phone, the OG Droid, had separate charge and notification lights. The Rezound, on the other hand, uses just one light for both purposes... So it won't show email/message/etc. notifications while it is on the charger. Is there any way around this? When it is on the charger, I hate having to continuously turn the phone on and unlock the screen to see if there are any notifications. Any way to turn off the "charge status" lights (even if root is required)?

Not yet. I'm sure that will change but for now if you use Go SMS(at least for texts) you can have the screen turn on. Personally I only charge my phone at night, and by then I could care less about notifications.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
the notification light on the rezound pretty much sucks. as you noted it stays on while charging and even when it isn't charging it is too small to be noticeable and you can't use different colors.

karyney

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading "Blink" from the Market.

Sent from my thumbs to your retinas

Does this actually work on the Rezound? I had Plume and GoSMS configured to blink different colors (pink and cyan, which worked on my DX) and it wouldn't, so I assumed it wasn't possible on this phone.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Does this actually work on the Rezound? I had Plume and GoSMS configured to blink different colors (pink and cyan, which worked on my DX) and it wouldn't, so I assumed it wasn't possible on this phone.

Someone pointed out a while ago that they spoke with HTC and HTC confirmed that the Rezound only has green and orangey yellow diodes in that "window"...they couldn't even spring for an LED...