Ideal LauncherPro Settings on the Rezound?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Curious as to what everyone else who is using LP has for their settings. The default seems slightly laggy...which is odd since it was liquid smooth on my Droid 1.

After playing with the settings I have gottend good results with the following:

General Settings:
Do not use ?keep in memory?...it will slow LP down
Advanced Settings:
Memory usage: High
Use Homescreen Caches: Checked
Homescreen Cache Type: Normal
Build Caches as Needed: Unchecked
Clear Caches on Exit: Unchecked
Prevent Force Closes: Checked

The app drawer is now very smooth and the screen transition (when you zoom out and zoom in by pressing the home key) are pretty smooth as well. Any additional tips?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used LPP in quite awhile. If it has a scrolling wallpaper option I'd turn it off.

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Sense is pretty but I dont like the limitations of it's dock (dont like it's app drawer either). And I like the scrolling wallpaper on other launchers.

LauncherPro has a scrollable and customizable dock and a beautiful app drawer.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I understand the appeal of scrolling wallpaper but it will contribute to lag. I turn it off every time. But, as always, it's all personal preferences and tradeoffs. As for me, I haven't found a launcher that doesn't lag relative to Sense. I've tried Go and ADW EX....LPP seems like abandonware. I think it's the screen resolution that's the major contributing factor. And it doesn't get any higher than the Rezound.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I understand the appeal of scrolling wallpaper but it will contribute to lag. I turn it off every time. But, as always, it's all personal preferences and tradeoffs. As for me, I haven't found a launcher that doesn't lag relative to Sense. I've tried Go and ADW EX....LPP seems like abandonware. I think it's the screen resolution that's the major contributing factor. And it doesn't get any higher than the Rezound.
Yeah, it is laggier than it was on my Droid 1. I still like it better than Sense. Sense feels too canned to me.

Rooting did help. Unloading the bloat and Sense widgets sped it up.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
LP has stopped getting updates and support for quite some time now. Check out GoLauncher now.
I have it installed already. I dont like their app drawer...thats why I dont use it. LauncherPro feels more polished to me.

I do use GoContacts though (dialer/contacts replacement). That app is great.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
What don't you like about the app drawer? It can be fully customized to be like LP.
Just the transition. It feels clunkier on Go and ADW.

I really wanted to like Go, but I cant get past that. LauncherPro gives me everything Go does plus the cool app drawer transition .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane