New Rezound User, Help with keyboard please!

elbowslayer

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I just exchanged my bionic for the rezound. Bionic data drops were just getting stupid...

ANYWAY

I cant stand the sense keyboard, its super super laggy. Is there a setting or something to change that? I turned off predictive text and all that but i just cant stand how laggy it is. It doesnt seem like anyone else is having this issue : / HELP!!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
You can install a different keyboard. This is the one I use:

_Ks-lbCEdktc9XTLHKNzIiYHredT8oSz29lAQnt-Cedf8qq_gbjfThKvYCIWtqWWEDQT=h230

https://market.android.com/details?id=sixgreen.aos.itap

It has two versions of the standard GB keyboard and a clone of the iOS keyboard. I like the iOS one just because it is so uncluttered.

The Sense keyboard has not been that laggy for me personally. I just found it to be too cluttered.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

elbowslayer

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
hahaha i dont type that fast but pretty fast!!! I used to have bionic and it was alot more responsive, just seems to have a delay or lag. Ill try out your guys advice thanks.

i hate this sense crap man, i feel like my bionic was sooo much faster...is the solution rooting. i am a newbie on that stuff...whats the con's on going that route?

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
hahaha i dont type that fast but pretty fast!!! I used to have bionic and it was alot more responsive, just seems to have a delay or lag. Ill try out your guys advice thanks.

i hate this sense crap man, i feel like my bionic was sooo much faster...is the solution rooting. i am a newbie on that stuff...whats the con's on going that route?

Have you tried any of the aforementioned apps previously recommended. If you haven't yet, do that first. If you still have issues w/ responsiveness after using those. It might not be a simple issue w/ an apk. If it's hardware related then you need to swap out. You root, you run a good chance they take notice and.don't honor the warranty unless you have the know how to restore to stock. Even then it's not guaranteed it won't be discovered. I'd suggest rooting and running Clean Tool and debloating as a last resort, if that's the ONLY reason you want to do it, DON'T. Just swap out for a new one.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I like SwiftKey X keyboard. It has great predictive text. It actually learns as you type.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

elbowslayer

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
thank you so much for help. keyboard app helped out ALOT. Gonna be honest i miss my bionic. The screen isnt as bright and Sense real slows this phone up compared to moto blur....thinking about going back to bionic

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try a factory reset. Others have noted that after a factory reset the phone's lag disappeared. I swear mine had a slight lag when I first got it, but after a reset seems to be running smoother. Hopefully once we get ICS and maybe an ICS ROM we can speed this bad boy up even more.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
flex T9 is the best i've tried and i've tried swype, stock, swiftkey, slidIT. if you like sliding your finger to type that is. swiftkey is the best if you like to tap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool