Pros and Cons of Rooting my rezound

Holmzy31

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I understand that in general there can be quite a few pros and cons for rooting any android device. However I am still very new to Android and have just recently gotten an HTC Rezound. What are my pros and cons in rooting it? My apologies if I have posted\started a new thread needlessly. I am also new to the forum.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If your new to android, I would just enjoy your phone for the moment. There are so many things to do with your phone, learn about that first. Learn the ins and outs, so when you do root your phone, you actually understand what you are doing, and not just mashing buttons.

Plus, with any luck, we will get android 4 in the next few months, and you'll have a new phone again.

Mind you, if you know what you are doing rooting and flashing, there are really no drawbacks.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Biggest con is voiding your warranty if you unlock and root. If you can accept that risk then unlocking and rooting is the way to go.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

B

budmonster

Biggest con is voiding your warranty if you unlock and root. If you can accept that risk then unlocking and rooting is the way to go.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Yeah you void your warranty, but the chances of them checking your Rezound's recovery is very slim. I just returned mine Rezound for a new one and they didn't even look at it, just shut it off and threw it in a shipping box. If someone gets caught it's because they didn't cover there tracks good enough, some idiot left "root explorer" on the homescreen, lol.