Rezound forgetting ringtone

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
The last few weeks I have noticed that when I reboot my Rezound the ringetone I select is forgotten. It stored on my 32GB SD card so I moved it to the internal storage under the Notifications folder. It still does not remember it when I reboot..

I have to go back and add it as a ringtone through the settings menu. Any ideas short for a factory reset?

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my notification sound. I don't have the issue with ringtone, but I'm using a pre-installed factory sound for that. I hope this issue gets resolved with an update eventually.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've not had any issues with my rezound forgetting the ringtones or notifications. When you selct the tone you want are you selecting the apply button or you just make the selection and return to your normal activities?

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I select apply and it sticks for the most part. At restart or power on it goes away. Appears the phone isn't ready for the mapping at boot up... maybe it's that the start up blows by too fast or slow for that setting to lock in. Just guessing here.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
this happens to me with my favorite external ringtone apps like RCP. you click save within the app once you choose a tone or group of tones, the tone sticks but then disappears randomly maybe a day later or three days later. then i don't get notified of my texts until i notice it has unstuck.

i emailed the developer of one ringtone app i used and he gave me the directory where his app saves the tones and i am going to try manually moving them over to the proper folder and see if they stick.

this only happens with third party ringtones that worked fine on my droidx. ringtones built into the phone always stick.

this happens with fastboot off and on.

Last edited:

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep its very strange. Guess I wont try a reset as it seems that its a FW issue.

Some people on XDA have complained about it also.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
this has happened to me from the first week i had this phone. running stock, after a factory reset, and after rooting and freezing bloat FYI

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread but I did a reset around two weeks ago and the ringtone has been fine. It now started the same thing again....

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me also. I'm only using the stock ring tones / notifications. Not rooted or unlocked. Strange???

unmoses

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this problem for me as well, and it seemed to be related to my music also going missing (I'd launch the stock player and I'd have no music). I seemed to isolate this to verizon's vcast sync that apparently was added recently and once I disabled the sub categories of the sync (can't disable vcast on the top level of the sync screen) like music, media, movies? (don't have the phone in front of me working) then this issue seemed to go away, at least for me.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it does seem to relate to the HTC Music app loosing all the music. I too have disabled the Media Sync from VZW but still get it.:-\

Kale

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have vcast syncing disabled and tried moving the sounds to the internal phone memory from the SD card but it hasn't helped. Not rooted or unlocked and this is in the stock Messaging and Google Talk apps as well as Facebook. It happens maybe once a day or every two days, increasing in frequency in the last two weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11