Applications spontaneously uninstalling?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have at least two apps now that seem to have spontaneously uninstalled themselves? I don't remember the first one but I just noticed Tasker is gone. I had the pleasure of discovering this while teaching a class and my phone went off.

Is this a Rezound thing? Or did I just uninstall them myself by mistake... somehow?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Applications spontaneously uninstalling ??

If you by chance swapped your MicroSD card and those apps were installed on it, then that would explain your missing apps.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Excellent point but nope.

I happen to notice Tasker had an update last Saturday. Maybe that caused something?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you move those apps from phone storage onto your sd card. Some apps have a hissy fit about moving, even if they say they're movable. If that's the case, just keep them in phone storage. I used to power off my phone and reboot to find 1-2 apps/widgets, seemingly mia.

rtc1036

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I too have had the same problem. Reboot your phone or swap a battery and there's a chance an app will come up missing. There's a generic Android icon in its place, click it and it says the app is not there. Strangest thing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I too have had the same problem. Reboot your phone or swap a battery and there's a chance an app will come up missing. There's a generic Android icon in its place, click it and it says the app is not there. Strangest thing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Now THAT sounds like a move-to-SD-card issue. I recall getting the generic icons with apps I moved to SD card which then became corrupted or something.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Now THAT sounds like a move-to-SD-card issue. I recall getting the generic icons with apps I moved to SD card which then became corrupted or something.

I did notice that it only happened on my phone w/ the apps granted permission to start upon boot. You guys ever seen apps on your SD w/out that permission disappear? Keeping them in phone storage prevents that, just remember to uninstall the app before heading back to the Market to reinstall.

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen to me. Over the period of 2 days all of a sudden 3 of my apps uninstalled and left the generic icons on my screen. I called Verizon and he asked me if I had installed anything new and I told him I use Go Launcher and had changed to the Sense HD theme and it did seem to start happening around that time. I uninstalled it and haven't had anymore issues at all. Do any of you have Go Launcher? It is probably something you have installed on the phone that is doing it. Tech support seemed to think it was an app or something and told me to go back and uninstall my newest apps one at a time and see if that fixed it and it did. Not sure why that theme did this as I have a lot of other themes installed but it was a new and didn't have any reviews yet.

Reactions: jpoutre

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen to me. Over the period of 2 days all of a sudden 3 of my apps uninstalled and left the generic icons on my screen. I called Verizon and he asked me if I had installed anything new and I told him I use Go Launcher and had changed to the Sense HD theme and it did seem to start happening around that time. I uninstalled it and haven't had anymore issues at all. Do any of you have Go Launcher? It is probably something you have installed on the phone that is doing it. Tech support seemed to think it was an app or something and told me to go back and uninstall my newest apps one at a time and see if that fixed it and it did. Not sure why that theme did this as I have a lot of other themes installed but it was a new and didn't have any reviews yet.

I had no themes. No custom launchers. And I was left with no icons (not generic icons).

But... I haven't lost any programs since this posting. I think I hit the UNINSTALL button by mistake.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had no themes. No custom launchers. And I was left with no icons (not generic icons).

But... I haven't lost any programs since this posting. I think I hit the UNINSTALL button by mistake.

If what happened to you didn't leave you w/ a generic android icon in downloaded apps in place of that apps normal avatar than went mia. Aside from xxfallacyxx, we're describing a similar but different type of disappearance altogether. You must've just uninstalled those apps on yours by accident. Either way, thankfully, both of these events have easy remedies.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen to me also. I am using go launcher, with the cryogen theme. 1 morning the theme was gone, and a few of my apps were gone. Had the generic icon on the home screen but not in the apps. A few days went by and I reinstalled everything and have not had a problem since. I know I did not hit the uninstall on the apps because it happened overnight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad