Anyone else experiencing almost constant 4g drops since 1/9/12?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in CLE, wondering what's up w/ my phone. Can't hold 4g connectivity for more than the time it takes to load a web page normally on 4g. It just hangs and stalls for some really extended lenghts whiile browser loading, even non flash enabled pages. Anone else in this boat? Or is this just a lil black cloud over my head? Thankfully, 3g is still going strong.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else experiencing almost constant 4g drops since 1/9/1

did you try to pull battery and sim card and wait for 5 minutes?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I've done all the usual fare to get it back on track, to no avail as yet. Unfortunately, I'd ask my bro to compare but his GN always gets weak 4g data in our area.lol

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In Columbus Ohio earlier today I lost 4G but a gal near me with a Bionic still had 4G. I just restarted my Rezound and 4G came back.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

In Columbus Ohio earlier today I lost 4G but a gal near me with a Bionic still had 4G. I just restarted my Rezound and 4G came back.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

I've been on 3g, mostly, but a healthy sprinkling of 1xRTT. Same story w/ my bros GN, so it must be a regional issue, I guess. Thanks for chiming in........btw, GO BUCKS, missed Jim T, running the show down there @ OSU in 2011 :(

dietsoda

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Have not noticed any higher frequency, but the unit does tend to drop 4g when signal gets weak and into 1x mode, even after moving into a full force 4g signal area. This is remedied by flipping into airplane mode and out. Seems a bug in the radio that could be resolved with a firmware update.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Have not noticed any higher frequency, but the unit does tend to drop 4g when signal gets weak and into 1x mode, even after moving into a full force 4g signal area. This is remedied by flipping into airplane mode and out. Seems a bug in the radio that could be resolved with a firmware update.

That's what puzzles me, I've tried everything in the book but no avail. Only asked to see if it was a wider
or regional issue but it seems like a local issue for my area, something is definitely causing interference. I'm gonna have to make some calls or hit a store tomorrow. It's really annoying the tar out of me, at this point.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I've also experienced some 4g disconnects with my Rezound for the past 2-3 days myself here in TN I was even in the Verizon store last night and the GN had a 4g signal and my rezound would barely pull one in until I restarted it. I sometimes wonder if verizon is screwing with us on these issues. The GN with wifi off was pulling in nearly as much radio signal as my rezound and thats a first I've seen in any Verizon store.

James

jakedsnk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm in Va. Beach and have had a very occasional drop of 4G in my 1.5 weeks of having my Rezound so far. In the previous 3 months with my Bionic, I had very occasional connection on 4G (hence the Rezound) even when my friends were right beside me with LG Revolutions with 4G rolling. This phone totally blows away the Bionic with 3/4G radio reliabilty. That's in Va. Beach anyway. Another friend just got a GN and I'll compare the radios with that soon.

Jake

tiberius72

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Yep - I am visiting Pittsburgh and keeping moving into 1x mode. Going into and out of airplane mode sometimes fixes the issue.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Thankfully, my 4g service has been back to good old, steady, rock solid self, for about 8 hours now. Hope same thing reaches those with a similar experience. Thanks for taking the time to respond everyone, I appreciate it.

B

budmonster

havent had any 4g drops on my rezound. sucks that am getting the same speeds as i was on my nexus. i thought the rezound would get my faster lte speeds due to the whole data problem i had on the nexus. but only getting 6-9mbps download does suck. im on 3 bars and -82dbm signal strength.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

havent had any 4g drops on my rezound. sucks that am getting the same speeds as i was on my nexus. i thought the rezound would get my faster lte speeds due to the whole data problem i had on the nexus. but only getting 6-9mbps download does suck. im on 3 bars and -82dbm signal strength.

Funny thing about that, some of the screenshots posted by owners of the GN and Rezound, in the area of Basking Ridge, NJ. Are insane when compared to most outside areas. Guess it pays to live by Big Red HQ.

Judoka

May 4, 2010
Visit site

I am getting similar results in NW Ohio. It shows 1x in places I know I have gotten a good 4G signal in the last few weeks and when I reboot or go in and out of airplane mode the 4G connection is restored.

luna9698

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

The only 4g drop I had was the known outage from Verizon. Coming from the Thunderbolt, Charge and the crappy Bionic, my Rezound is FANTASTIC with keeping the 4g signal.

evetskirk

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Just how do you go about doing this. Do I pull battery and sim card while phone is on? I am getting terrible signal compared to my past samsung fascinate and it doesn't seem to be any better even if I turn off 4g. I wonder if it is just the difference in manufactures and their radios. Kind of new to this, but also have MHS and am actually paying for it, would like to get rid of my current landline provider and use MHS exclusively as well as have a good signal for phone calls. I seem to see you on here often, so I feel you probably know what your doing. lol I hope. Also I only live about 1mile from tower and bout 1.8 miles from Purdue Univ. campus which has had 4g for a while.

Oghtc

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I drop 4g constantly. I even lose data all together? I traded my rezound for another rezound thinking it was just my handset but seems like it's either the rezound or Verizon. This is really annoying. For no reason I will go to 1x or no data at all? Verizon way to expensive for this headache

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I've just received my Rezound a couple of days ago. Unlocked and rooted now and the best speed I can get from home is about 5MB down 1.5 up. If I disable wifi, it's worse, about 3MB down 680K up. I have the network set to LTE/CDMA as the default.

I'm going to try it out around town, but this isn't good. It's my 1st Android device BTW. In the past were all Blackberries, which can't use LTE anyway.

Was hoping for something better.

I'm in the Denver, CO area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam