ROM question

strickforce

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Which ROM is best to use with the Rezound?

Looks like Cyanogen wont be any time soon (I wish it would be).

It seems like all the ROMS are scottsroms? I have Clean 1.4 right now, and not so impressed, runs laggy. Touch input is not-so-great either.

What ROMS does everyone recommend?

I currently have Clean 1.4 with ziggy kernal # 1.8Ghz

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'd try reverting back to a stock processor clock. Not every chip is the same, and not every chip can handle 1.8ghz without issue.

I'm just using OTA perm rooted, de-sensed and removed bloat.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Scotts roms have a boot.img file that needs flashed as well as he says stock kernal works the best. I don't really have any issues with his rom, it's the kernals that suckered at the moment.

strickforce

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure I follow about the boot.img (I dont see it on his page, unless I am blind :) )- on a random side note, after using any scotts roms - my Wifi just says 'error' next to it.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you're having kernel errors rather than the ROM being the cause. One of the common faults of the kernels is the wifi not working correctly. They say usually re-flashing the kernel should solve the issue.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure I follow about the boot.img (I dont see it on his page, unless I am blind :) )- on a random side note, after using any scotts roms - my Wifi just says 'error' next to it.

I agree, your having kernal issues, not rom. In his zip for the rom, there is a file named boot.img. He has a tool you download with a script that will flash this for you.

I think his instructions are

Flash boot.img
Wipe,
Flash rom zip,
Flash social framework.

I don't have the link on my phone, but on xda there is a link for flashing ziggy's kernal. In that thread is another link for going back to stock kernal with the files you need. If you can't find it, when I get home ill post it for you.

I'll also get the post with his script tool for changing that boot.img file. Read through the cleanrom thread, last few pages talk quite a bit about this.

tehsquishmeister

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So, if you flash the ROM (Clean 1.4) is that using the stock kernel? Should I extract the boot.img separately and flash it?

The phone seems to work just fine tbh. All I did was boot into recovery, then flashed the zip. I didn't do boot.img

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless you actually went in and flashed a different kernal, then you're most likely on the stock kernal. The idea from CleanROM was just to remove the carrier installed bloat.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So, if you flash the ROM (Clean 1.4) is that using the stock kernel? Should I extract the boot.img separately and flash it?

The phone seems to work just fine tbh. All I did was boot into recovery, then flashed the zip. I didn't do boot.img

Just an fyi. Scott says in the cleanrom thread, not flashing the boot.img is fine, but without it, your really only getting half the benefit of the rom. He says it's like putting a turbo on it. I would really read through the last couple of pages on that thread, quite a lot of good info.

strickforce

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just an fyi. Scott says in the cleanrom thread, not flashing the boot.img is fine, but without it, your really only getting half the benefit of the rom. He says it's like putting a turbo on it. I would really read through the last couple of pages on that thread, quite a lot of good info.

I just went through his thread and couldnt find antying about a boot.img?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

It really is.. You can really see it shine on the Senseless ROM

I just went through his thread and couldnt find antying about a boot.img?

Look at the thread on XDA. It's the most informative. Basically when you load CleanRom 1.4 you'll find boot.img sitting on your SD Card. Flash that and you're all set. I did mine manually but you can use Scott's CleanFlash(He sure does like clean things) to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech