How do you get HDMI out on Rezound?

B

budmonster

I know you need a Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter to get HDMI to work on the Rezound. Never seen this type of adapter before, was wondering if any are avaible on Amazon? If not, what's the best store to get one from? I also heard the cheaper ones do tend to give you lesser quality, but how often does one use this feature.

That comes to my next question, what all can this feature provide? Can I place a movie on my sdcard and play it on my 50" plasma? What is all capable through this MHL Adapter feature?

I almost forgot, I wanted to get your guys opions on extended batteries and sdcards. I was thinking about getting an extended battery with the phone case, can you guys tell me if I'll actually notice a big differnce and if so what ones do you recommended? Hopefully Amazon has it.

Last thing, looking for a 32GB Class 10 MicroSD card, any recommendations?

Thanks guys!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can buy the generic mhl from Monoprice for $7 plus shipping, you would need your own hdmi cable as well as a standard microusb charger. The charging cable that came with the rezound will not work with the generic mhl.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=8675&seq=1&format=2

evetskirk

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I know you need a Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter to get HDMI to work on the Rezound. Never seen this type of adapter before, was wondering if any are avaible on Amazon? If not, what's the best store to get one from? I also heard the cheaper ones do tend to give you lesser quality, but how often does one use this feature.

That comes to my next question, what all can this feature provide? Can I place a movie on my sdcard and play it on my 50" plasma? What is all capable through this MHL Adapter feature?

I almost forgot, I wanted to get your guys opions on extended batteries and sdcards. I was thinking about getting an extended battery with the phone case, can you guys tell me if I'll actually notice a big differnce and if so what ones do you recommended? Hopefully Amazon has it.

Last thing, looking for a 32GB Class 10 MicroSD card, any recommendations?

Thanks guys!

Can't comment on the hdmi thing, but as far as extended battery goes. I just got one and yes it makes a serious difference. Now it does make phone a little thicker but not to the point it is uncomfortable to hold or put in pocket, unless you wear ass tight jeans. I bought mine through verizon, they are selling all 4g accessories for 50% off. I paid $30, but as idiotic as verizon personnel are in their own corporate stores, they told me it was normally 59.99, well after I got home the original price on the box said 49.99, so they screwed me out of 5 bucks. Didn't complain, I am tired of dealing with them on customer service issues. They absolutely suck in that department, always have better luck calling in rather than dealing with store personnel. Same thing with the recent price drop to $199.00. I paid $299.00 on the 21st of Dec. and they won't credit me for the $100.00 difference? Wat up with that. I did call in and spoke with loyalty mgr, as I have been with them for 21 years and he at least gave me 1 month of free phone only plan (59.99) credit. Better than nothing, but they should actually have given me the $100 plus the loyalty credit. haha That would have kept me for ever and not even think of looking elsewhere when my contract ends. I ran a customer service type of business for, well a long time, ha and your current customers are your most important, not the new ones. I don't know why new customers get better deals and service than their existing ones. Bad business model in my opinion.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i got the hdmi adapter from htcpedia. i tried it once. netflix did not work. black screen only. that's pretty much the only reason i bought it for as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol