Spare battery for Rezound - biggest size that'll fit stock door

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I didn't realize the Rezound batteries were a different size than the Droid Incredible (I had an 1820 i was hoping to use) and I'd like to buy a spare, but don't want to get one of those huge ones that require a new back door to the phone. Just want to find the biggest capacity that'll fit the current phone the way it is.

I thought I read once that there's a 1800 mah that'll fit, but I didn't see anything on Amazon.com and Ebay - only 1500 and 1620. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same question and had the slightly larger capacity battery on my Incredible like you. So I searched. The best I could find was 1700 on Amazon from a questionable source. That isn't much bigger than the stock so I don't think it's worth the risk. I think you have to get the bulky extended battery if you want to go larger.

...Sent from my Tab

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Spare battery for Rezound - biggest size that'll fit stock do

The issue is that HTC has done something to block non-HTC batteries on the Rezound. Not sure if it is phone software or a chip in the battery, but it is horrible.

Non-OEM batteries will still work, but you'll have to charge them externally and you'll see a "!" in the battery icon. Market battery widgets will still accurately show how much juice you have left. Hope this helps.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The issue is that HTC has done something to block non-HTC batteries on the Rezound. Not sure if it is phone software or a chip in the battery, but it is horrible.

Non-OEM batteries will still work, but you'll have to charge them externally and you'll see a "!" in the battery icon. Market battery widgets will still accurately show how much juice you have left. Hope this helps.

Oh. :-(

Thanks for the info though.

...Sent from my Tab

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Spare battery for Rezound - biggest size that'll fit stock do

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up on that before I wasted my $ on ebay on a spare...

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Fyi.. I just picked up the HTC extended battery for half off. It does add width but to my surprise, it doesn't seem to add weight. Not sure I will keep it because the case is kind of ugly.

...Sent from my Tab

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty