I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed today that all my pictures and videos are missing from the gallery. They're still on the sd card but not showing up. It won't allow me to select the folders they're in from the show/hide folders option in the gallery. Any ideas on how to get them to appear or an alternate app similar to gallery? The phone is perm rooted and I did reset yesterday, but I'm not sure why that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    01-12-2012 05:58 PM
    I have folders disappear occasionally too on my stock phone, and have to restart it to get them to reappear. I occasionally move pictures around in different folders by hooking up to my computer via USB cable and thought maybe doing that was goofing something up, but maybe not. Wish there was a way to move them from folder to folder with phone commands instead (I haven't found a way anyway, maybe there is).

Hopefully someone will have some suggestions as to why the folders disappear.
    01-13-2012 09:11 AM
    I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed today that all my pictures and videos are missing from the gallery. They're still on the sd card but not showing up. It won't allow me to select the folders they're in from the show/hide folders option in the gallery. Any ideas on how to get them to appear or an alternate app similar to gallery? The phone is perm rooted and I did reset yesterday, but I'm not sure why that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Culprit was the reset, for whatever reason, it does that to a mounted sd card. I lost mine a few weeks back to reset post boot loop. Had no luck tracking down a fix so I, begrudgingly, just reformatted since I only had less thab 2gbs saved on it.
    01-13-2012 06:11 PM
    happens here too. restart finds them again.

also sometimes ringers change.

annoying bugs. most likely OS based not hardware.
    01-14-2012 03:09 PM
    It's so bad with mine now that I can only view my pictures once before having to reboot my phone. I could tolerate this if I only, say, had to reboot once a day, but every other hour is flippin' annoying!

Has anyone figured out a trick???
    01-22-2012 11:49 AM
    So mine disappeared and reappeared when I unchecked the Gallery from the App Killer... How did my Gallery end up there? Oh well...Glad they're back.
    09-05-2012 06:26 PM
    how do I retrieve my photos and videos
    09-03-2015 07:08 AM
    Culprit was the reset, for whatever reason, it does that to a mounted sd card. I lost mine a few weeks back to reset post boot loop. Had no luck tracking down a fix so I, begrudgingly, just reformatted since I only had less thab 2gbs saved on it.
    I need help,,where's my videos at, there gone ?
    07-31-2016 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD