Accessory Otterbox Defender (modified for extended battery) PICS

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Being the hands on kinda person I am, I decided after looking at the case that I could just cut out the back of the inner case to fit the extended battery.

It was very easy with the dremel and with cutting and clean up probably took 30-45 minutes. The only real issue if you want to call it that is that the rubber outer case has to stretch so it's a tad wavy on each side, but for me, this is a very small issue compared to the benefits of using the otterbox.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Accessory Otterbox Defender (modified for extended battery) P

Hmmmm, I might try that, good job! I been using my Defender w/o the backing.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Why not just leave back of case off like the rest of us do and use the rubber sleeve to hold the front on? This works well and when you need to go back to standard battery you. Have full protection again.

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Accessory Otterbox Defender (modified for extended battery) P

Why not just leave back of case off like the rest of us do and use the rubber sleeve to hold the front on? This works well and when you need to go back to standard battery you. Have full protection again.

sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

2 reasons:

The more protection the better, if my phone falls on one of the corners, then I'll have the full inner case in addition to the rubber.

I use the extended battery full time. I live in a poor service area and my battery life suffers from the phone constantly searching for a signal.